Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#26500 by ajw522
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:50 pm
thinking_about_ooma wrote:So I guess I'd better buy one of the original Hubs brand new soon so that I can get the "Core" service - free voicemail. Can the OOMA moderator confirm that if I buy a Hub brand new that the free voicemail applies?

Other than Amazon (they show in stock there) where can I fine a Hub? BestBuy or Costco still carrying them?

Costco was until a few days ago; Best buy has also switched to the Telo. As of now, the only place that I know of is Amazon. Make sure if you are looking for ooma Core that the product title on ooma says Ooma core, and that it's a Hub/Scout combo. And don't buy the hub only item that is being sold on Amazon. Because, you dont get the Ooma Core ToS, and second, it's more expensive. The company is trying to sell it to buyers who dont know that ooma Core is being sold.

I just bought another as well. I needed one for another property of mine, and I bought from Amazon because they still have the Cores in stock. Buy them while they are still there. After that, you are out of luck . :cry:
#26591 by franklasvegas
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 pm
A week ago Fry's had quite a few of them on the end cap - along side the Telo - I think the Hub/Scout combo was priced at $229.00.

If you have a Fry's near...
#26597 by dcist
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:22 am
No voice mail at all?! Wow what a rip off! So much for the whole free phone service for life happiness, should put an Astrix next to it and say "with numerous limitations." For now I am sticking with the original Hub but if they suddenly start asking me to pay for the voice mail I will get really annoyed. Won't ditch the service but I will certainly tell people not to buy, particularly if they want some level of customer service that's worth a damn. What happened Ooma? It seems like ever since Eric Stang became CEO the company has started sliding backwards. I guess they really DID get rid of Andrew Frame.

*sigh*

Thanks ooma. Keep annoying your early adopters and see how long you last.
#26599 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:32 am
dcist wrote:No voice mail at all?! Wow what a rip off! So much for the whole free phone service for life happiness, should put an Astrix next to it and say "with numerous limitations." For now I am sticking with the original Hub but if they suddenly start asking me to pay for the voice mail I will get really annoyed. Won't ditch the service but I will certainly tell people not to buy, particularly if they want some level of customer service that's worth a damn. What happened Ooma? It seems like ever since Eric Stang became CEO the company has started sliding backwards. I guess they really DID get rid of Andrew Frame.

*sigh*

Thanks ooma. Keep annoying your early adopters and see how long you last.

From this blog post dated 10/2/09: http://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how-oomas-terms-conditions-affect-current-new-ooma-customers/

Previous Ooma Hub Owners
a. Previous Ooma hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voicemail, and will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee.
b. The used Ooma Hub may be resold but will require a $59.99 reactivation fee to assign a new number and owner. When activated, the new account will be subject to the $11.75 annual regulatory recovery fee.