Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23762 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am
Correct. You would have to dial in to your Google Voice number to get your voicemail. Also Google Voice has the option of translating speech to text, then sending the text file to your cell phone so you can read the voicemail.

Wayne
#23777 by scoutconnor
Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm
Groundhound wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:I know it's all a bit confusing right now, but I think for a new Telo customer, after the 60 day Premier trial is over and you don't purchase, you get NO voicemail. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is correct. It is a new tier level, Telo Basic.

Wayne

This is correct. Telo comes with a different service level, Ooma Basic, which does not include voicemail. If you want voicemail, it is included in Ooma Premier. We will also offer it a la carte at $4.99/month or $49.99/year. The a la carte option also includes other voicemail options such as voicemail forwarding, call screening, send-to-voicemail and do not disturb.

For existing Ooma customers upgrading to Ooma Telo, you can "move" your current service level over to the new hardware. So if you have Ooma Core now, you'll have Ooma Core on your Telo.

Dennis,

For existing customers who transfer their Ooma Core account to a new Telo, what is the status of their old Hub afterwords? Can they transfer it to someone else for the $59 fee? If so, what T&C policy with respect to VM will apply to that reactivated Hub?

For Ooma Telo Beta Testers, the $59 fee is waived, for everyone else, it is not.
#23905 by thomashong
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:16 am
Let's not cheerlead just because. Fact is, the new ToS does not include voicemail. We all know how great Google Voice is, but not everyone knows or has it. I've tried explaining/introducing GV to friends and family and most of them still don't have it. Many people I know are not techies. Whereas, an onetouch vm button on the hub people can understand.
#24004 by southsound
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:31 pm
Club Chapin wrote:With Google Voice, is there a way to set the Telo to display my GV number in Caller ID for outgoing calls?

Not yet - but it will be a feature of Google Voice Extensions (which will require Premier service). It also gives you the option of picking up voicemail by just touching the ooma voicemail button. From a blog entry by Dennis Peng:
With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you – pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice.

Great stuff coming! I can hardly wait as I'm a very positive GV user. :cool:

edit: sorry groundhound - we were typing at the same time.
#24145 by Mike_TV
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:50 am
Really curious as to how they will add/activate the Bluetooth connectivity to the Telo. Is it already built in or will a Telo user have to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle to plug into the open USB port on the back of the Telo.
#24150 by murphy
Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 am
Mike_TV wrote:Really curious as to how they will add/activate the Bluetooth connectivity to the Telo. Is it already built in or will a Telo user have to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle to plug into the open USB port on the back of the Telo.

My "Kensington WiFi Finder Plus" detects a Bluetooth signal when I hold it near the Telo. That may not be significant since it does not detect a bluetooth signal when held near my cell phone when it is in bluetooth discover mode.
#26205 by thinking_about_ooma
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am
I am not an OOMA user and never have been, but have been considering. I am interested in what is being called "OOMA Core" service in this thread - i.e. I want to buy the device up front and not pay a recurring cost for dial tone or voice mail, other than the $12 per year regulatory recovery thing. Is there an option for me to get OOMA core service at this point (free voice mail) by buying an OOMA Hub or Telo, either new or used? Or, is that option just not available anymore for potential new customers? If so, it is likely a deal breaker for me, especially since it appears that a plain old answering machine can not be used with either the Hub or Telo yet.