Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23223 by Tampaite
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 am
Does this mean new customers would have to get their own answering machine?

How many of you feel that Voice-mail should be part of the core services that Ooma provides and should be included as part of the purchase ?

I paid $39.99 for porting which was expensive (most other VOIP providers charges you less than $10) but I realize Ooma had to make money off of me..so thats OK but taking away Voicemail for new customers..C'mon...
#23243 by talkin2much
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:17 am
I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and have found the explanations of what is included and what requires Premier to be confusing at best - now this. It eliminates my reason to use Ooma over Vonage.

Interesting that Costco is no longer selling Ooma...
#24647 by mitch
Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 pm
I agree its really lame that they dropped voicemail. I was pretty excited about upgrading to the new Telo to use their new phones, but I think I'll still stick with my hub now Knowing that I'll actually have less functionality for the extra $250 I'll pay. At least if I stick with the hub I still get to use the voicemail.
#24695 by niknak
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 am
...Knowing that I'll actually have less functionality...

the Telo allows input of DTMF so you can use a standard answering machine with it. The Hub does not allow DTMF thus you need to have VM capability built in
#24715 by southsound
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 am
niknak wrote:
...Knowing that I'll actually have less functionality...

the Telo allows input of DTMF so you can use a standard answering machine with it. The Hub does not allow DTMF thus you need to have VM capability built in

Actually, it does NOT allow incoming DTMF passthrough with the current firmware. According to ooma it is technically possible in the Telo but it has not been implemented. Try it for yourself. Call your Telo from a landline and try to enter touchtones from the landline. Dead silence on the Telo. I'm using a corded phone on my Telo so I know it is not a cordless phone filtering things. :shock:
#24717 by niknak
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am
Hi Southsound
thanks for clearing up the issue. I thought I had read that the Telo does pass DTMF
I elected not to beta test the Telo since the Hub / scout combination worked for me and my wiring configuration/location
#24718 by southsound
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:46 am
niknak wrote:Hi Southsound
thanks for clearing up the issue. I thought I had read that the Telo does pass DTMF
I elected not to beta test the Telo since the Hub / scout combination worked for me and my wiring configuration/location

I'd be happy to trade my Telo for that cool console in your avatar! Sadly I had access to one of those years ago and didn't take the opportunity to get it. Of course, the same is true for my long lost card dialer and other cool things from the telco past. :cool:
#24721 by niknak
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am
That's too bad that you couldn't save that console...I just thought it was a cool telco related picture from a cool TV show to use on the forum,
I think I still have a Strowger Switch in a box the basement
#24723 by southsound
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 am
niknak wrote:I think I still have a Strowger Switch in a box the basement

Major drooling here. Must not be envious. Must not be envious. :P