Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23161 by sidekick
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 pm
What is this horrible video on ooma's homepage? It sucks. It looks like a dating website now.

The new product looks AMAZING.

Here's a thought: Show the ooma phone.

Are you selling a slick, awesome phone or a lame video? Because I can no longer tell with this new homepage.

By the way, the rest of the site looks cool.
#23179 by southsound
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm
Nice first post. You will find this forum quite a bit different than most but I'm pretty sure your post will help us embrace your presence here. Or at least remember it. Welcome to ooma and the forums! :P
#23215 by scottlindner
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:49 am
I don't see what's wrong with it. That's a fairly common approach in these modern times. In fact, I would say it's usually associated with high tech products or outlets, and with a pinch of class.

It would be cool if it did incorporate a short image of the Ooma product line to grab your attention to the product, rather than the business case for Ooma. That portion of your suggestion I agree with. I'm not a marketer so I can't say I know anything about what's appropriate.

Scott
#23228 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:41 am
Very strange opinion. When I saw the site for the first time I thought the video was a well done piece of marketing material.
It introduces the company and it's values. I don't think ooma ever intended it to be a support video on how to setup the ooma products. You would naturally find that in SUPPORT.
Kudos to ooma on a great job, excellent promo video.

Wayne
#23230 by hpepper
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 am
WayneDsr wrote:Very strange opinion. When I saw the site for the first time I thought the video was a well done piece of marketing material.
It introduces the company and it's values. I don't think ooma ever intended it to be a support video on how to setup the ooma products. You would naturally find that in SUPPORT.
Kudos to ooma on a great job, excellent promo video.

Wayne

I agree... think it is done very well. You don't have to watch the video or at least you can stop watching it if you don't like it - It doesn't play automatically. There are plenty of icons that you can click on to get all your answers or information.