Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23126 by 333
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:41 pm
Hi,

Optimally I would like to have the "Press 1" requirement removed. Like others, I often can't get unlock and press the key before it flips to vm.

If for some reason, it cannot be turned off (although GV has that choice) - could it be made such that it accepts a voice response instead of a keypress? In otherwords, make it so we can speak "One" or "Accept" or whatever instead of the keypress.

Again - if the "1" prompt can simply be turned off, that would be best. But I could live with it if all I had to do was use my voice instead of pressing a key.

Thanks.
#26465 by akindle
Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:33 pm
Please delete the dial one or make option. Callvantage had the either feature. It is impossible to dial one on my harley with bluetooth to helmut and mic. Thanks again for a great product.
#27868 by jiliannca
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:03 pm
Having to press 1 to answer a forwarded call is crazy. I'd like to forward my calls to my cell. Since cell isn't always reliable and the call might not go through, i'd like to have my cell voicemail be able to record the call.

If i'm traveling 30,000 feet in the air and someone tries to call me, obviously my cell will go to voicemail. Not if you have to push "1". Annoying!!

Please fix this!

Thank you.
#33582 by MikeekiM
Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:49 pm
Please allow for the option to remove the 1 prompt...but also keep it as an option...

I can't tell you how many times I see someone who's calling me, and when I hear the Ooma tone, I choose to let it roll to voicemail because it was an indication that it was not urgent enough for them to contact my cell directly...
#34290 by jemarti
Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:39 am
I would also like to see the "1" prompted removed or at least made optional.

The way the system is currently implemented makes it a safety hazard to answer my cell phone while I am driving. I have to grab my phone, unlock it, switch to keypad mode, then press 1. Most of the time the call goes to voice mail before I can complete the operation.

I happen to live in California, where use of a hands free device is required by law. Picking up my phone and frantically mashing keys to try and answer the call before it goes to voice mail could get me a ticket.
#34326 by doug
Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:39 pm
jiliannca wrote:Having to press 1 to answer a forwarded call is crazy. I'd like to forward my calls to my cell. Since cell isn't always reliable and the call might not go through, i'd like to have my cell voicemail be able to record the call.

If i'm traveling 30,000 feet in the air and someone tries to call me, obviously my cell will go to voicemail. Not if you have to push "1". Annoying!!

Actually, keeping an alternate VM service like a cell is I think part of the reason it was implemented this way. I think the intent it to let ooma VM handle the recording when the call is not answered at home or the multiring number. When we do have the option to remove the "1", I'll be calling my cell provider and either have them completely disable my cell VM, or set the number of rings to a couple beyond when ooma will divert to its VM.

I'd rather have ooma handle my VM instead of my cell provider, as in my experience notifications from cell VM are very unreliable. Sometimes they happen immediately. But far too often I have had delays of hours or even a day or two, then my phone will say I have a VM. With Ooma, I get an email right away, my hub / telo flashes, and I immediately get a SMS unless out of coverage area. It has been WAY more reliable than cell VM notifications, and I've had that problem with several carriers not just one.

I still very much want the option to eliminate the "1" or at least make it voice activated. Voice activated would be fine with me as you can still do it either via a bluetooth headset or something like the iphone where pressing a button on the screen is not always convenient.
#35490 by 333
Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 am
Could a Ooma representative please make a comment about this request?

Removing the "Press 1" or at least making it voice-acknowledgment enabled is a repeated request from many users.

Personally, I have been very happy with my Ooma system and service. I've had a few fax machines I couldn't connect with and some calls that echo, but my issues have been infrequent so far. Unfortunately, the "Press 1" problem is so bothersome that I have difficulty recommending Ooma to my friends because of it.

The new homepage and web interface is fine, but usability should take priority.

Where in the "under consideration" or "will fix" agenda is this issue?

Thank you.
#35503 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:29 am
333 wrote:Could a Ooma representative please make a comment about this request?

Removing the "Press 1" or at least making it voice-acknowledgment enabled is a repeated request from many users.

Personally, I have been very happy with my Ooma system and service. I've had a few fax machines I couldn't connect with and some calls that echo, but my issues have been infrequent so far. Unfortunately, the "Press 1" problem is so bothersome that I have difficulty recommending Ooma to my friends because of it.

The new homepage and web interface is fine, but usability should take priority.

Where in the "under consideration" or "will fix" agenda is this issue?

Thank you.

Here you go: [url]bad link[/url]
Last edited by Groundhound on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.