Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23505 by mcbleu
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm
southsound wrote:It's OK Wayne, I don't think the OP's talking about the "nice, articulate, young lady giving a series of money saving benefits for using ooma" that some forum members have fallen head over heals for. And although she may not know how to make walnut brownies, maybe you could ask your wife to "teach this nice school girl" how you make these wonderful treats so she can make them for her Girl Scout troup. :P

;-( sorry yes I'm talking about her, she is nice nothing personnel about her
But as you can see some other user had the same feeling as me when they watched that video
#23624 by southsound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm
mcbleu wrote:Please change the Home page of Ooma video
Ooma set-up seems very complicated when you watch that video
Ooma you really need to fire your PR and advertising department

I think it takes a lot of nerve to think you can tell a private company what to do. Your comment didn't come in the form of a constructive critism, it came as a command. There are some things in life you have control of - like what color socks you put on in the morning and what you eat for dinner. I think most of us would feel out of place telling our neighbor to change his socks because the color sucks! Or don't drive a particular kind of car. Yet you feel you can dictate what a company uses for a marketing tool on their web site! I think the term for your attitude and that of the other discenter (who may also be you since the forum is now public) is hubris: Hubris (/hjuːbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις) is a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, superciliousness, or arrogance. Just MHO.
#23724 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 am
southsound wrote:
mcbleu wrote:Please change the Home page of Ooma video
Ooma set-up seems very complicated when you watch that video
Ooma you really need to fire your PR and advertising department

I think it takes a lot of nerve to think you can tell a private company what to do. Your comment didn't come in the form of a constructive critism, it came as a command. There are some things in life you have control of - like what color socks you put on in the morning and what you eat for dinner. I think most of us would feel out of place telling our neighbor to change his socks because the color sucks! Or don't drive a particular kind of car. Yet you feel you can dictate what a company uses for a marketing tool on their web site! I think the term for your attitude and that of the other discenter (who may also be you since the forum is now public) is hubris: Hubris (/hjuːbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις) is a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, superciliousness, or arrogance. Just MHO.

Yes and MHO as well.

Wayne
#23754 by Bobby B
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 am
Yea, we recently got a revenue sharing invitation from Youtube on the Graham Bell video because it got so popular! Although it being linked off the homepage had something to do with it :)

BTW, there is a new homepage video in the works that probably should be up in 2-3 weeks. I haven't seen it, but the concept sounded amusing.

bw1 wrote:Here's an Ooma video that definitely doesn't suck: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jhwDEnB3o
#24069 by Christopher
Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:03 pm
As a video producer I don't think the videos are not well done. However they do lack some aspects that would make them much more appealing and informative. To that end, I do agree with some of the comments made by mcbleu. At least in spirit.

Yes, the young lady is attractive and speaks with a comfortable, likable quality, but unfortunately it gets a bit tiring to watch her explain all the things that Ooma can do without any other help.

It would be beneficial to show and use motion graphics and other video sources, etc. (as I think they had in the past) to explain the vast benefits that Ooma has to offer. It's surprising to me that all the videos I've had the patience to watch are her talking over a white background (the little icons are "cute" but not really useful). Why use video if that's all you want to do? She's a good spokes person and could be used for branding for sure "the Ooma girl", but feel you could do much more.

For example in the "How do others use Ooma?" page: https://www.ooma.com/products/how-do-others-use-ooma
We only see her over the white background... again talking about Ooma. Really?! I guess considering what production costs, I would have wanted more for my production dollars.

Video is an excellent way to communicate and can be an efficient tool to communicate because it is a multi-sense medium. I feel that many of the new videos are not being used to their full potential and are instead a time consuming or inefficient way to communicate much of what this excellent product has to offer. As cheeky as the scripts are, and her being funny and hip are less impressive in my opinion and take time away from sharing the power of what Ooma can do.

Obviously Ooma can and has made very cool and informative spots and videos in the past as we see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jhwDEnB3o

As I continue to recommend Ooma to friends and family I'm hoping to see some more videos with a bit more substance in the future.

Other than that... keep up the good work Ooma!
#26241 by Bobby B
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 pm
The new video is live - let us know what you think :)
#26243 by southsound
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:09 pm
Bobby B wrote:The new video is live - let us know what you think :)

Very cool! My compliments to the folks who came up with this! :cool: