Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10352 by WayneDsr
Wed May 27, 2009 9:28 am
So you'd rather pay $30 a month for "call forward if offline" than not have it and get FREE calling, FREE Caller ID, FREE Call waiting, and FREE voicemail?
Interesting....

Wayne
#10353 by jmassimilla
Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 am
chriscondon wrote:Crucial feature. Just switched from CallVantage and thought this type of feature would be provided by ooma. Need to look at Vonage now....

I switched from Voicewing to Vonage in January. I lasted a little over a month with them. I had some serious issues with Vonage, and I'm pretty easy going, so be sure to take a good, long look. I miss that feature as well having had it with both VOIP providers but I'm willing to give Ooma a chance to evolve. The biggest mistake I ever made was to switch to Vonage. They are arrogant and don't really care about their customers.
#10706 by scottlindner
Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:39 am
WayneDsr wrote:So you'd rather pay $30 a month for "call forward if offline" than not have it and get FREE calling, FREE Caller ID, FREE Call waiting, and FREE voicemail?
Interesting....

Some people value reliability more than cost savings. It makes perfect sense to me why someone might value "call forward if offline" for $30/mo, and it makes perfect sense to me why someone wouldn't. There is no one formula for everyone.

Scott
#10732 by joan
Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:02 pm
It would be great to have choices. My AT&T CallVantage has a Safe Forward Number that is set up should I lose my power or internet connectivity. There is also a Locate Me Feature that enables me to set up locate me numbers (up to 5) and I can set it up for all calls or a select list of numbers.
#10733 by scottlindner
Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm
joan wrote:It would be great to have choices. My AT&T CallVantage has a Safe Forward Number that is set up should I lose my power or internet connectivity. There is also a Locate Me Feature that enables me to set up locate me numbers (up to 5) and I can set it up for all calls or a select list of numbers.

That sounds like an awesome feature request as a Premier option.

I would never use it, but I wonder if it would be possible to create such a feature that is only available from a whitelist. I wouldn't mind my family being able to call me no matter what, but work, professional services, and telemarketters, they can wait.

Scott
#10743 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 am
not exactly FOWARD WHEN OOMA OFFLINE but SIMULTANEOUS RING feature can do the same.

i used Ooma Premiere service for business and home phone for about a month now.
Premiere service is $12 per month compared to $40 per month i paid landline company Qwest.
with $12 a month, i got more stuff than i got with landline.
besides, paying $12 is a good way to keep Ooma in business.
and if the phone is very important to you, i think $12 a month is a small fee compare to the features it offered to landline.

i setup SIMULTANEOUS RING on my cell phone.
if the internet, electricity or Ooma Hub out of service, the calls still come thru...the cell phone will ring.
i like SIMULTANEOUS feature more than CALL FORWARD which i used to have with landline.
this way when i'm at the office, the office phone will ring along with the cell phone.
if i'm out of the office and somebody calls the office, i will get the call on the cell phone.
no need to give out your cell phone number.

before i ported my landline number to Ooma, this is the feature that i MUST have.
this is a very important feature to me as to most of you who requested this feature.
the feature already existed with Premiere service.
pay the $12 per month and you help keep Ooma in business plus you got what you want.
$12 is still a bargain of what Ooma offered compared to landline.
:-)