Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1974 by scots
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 pm
rbuck wrote:very good idea, but I dont know that its technically feasible depends on if they can gen the forward at their central location, would be nice tho to predefine the number for your cell, set the Inactivity timeout for it to auto forward... 15 minutes? 30 minutes? Then remove the forward when your Hub is back online.

Would also be nice if the system sent an email when it auto-forwarded or auto-reversed.

It's technically feasible. I was previously with Vonage, ViaTalk, and AT&T CallVantage. All three of them have this feature, and so does pretty much every VoIP provider. You log in to your account on the web site, enter your cell phone number (or any number you want), and any time your service goes out (due to internet out, power out, or service outage with the VoIP provider) your calls automatically get forwarded to your cell phone. As soon as the service is back up the forwarding stops.
#2855 by WayneDsr
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 pm
Oh wow, yes this feature would be awesome. I've got a large battery backup on my network and ooma, but I have more problems with my DSL connection! Forwarding would solve it all!

Love ooma!
Wayne
#3960 by Falcon
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:57 am
I tend to agree. This should be a basic feature which would make a good selling point. Loss of VOIP phone service during an outage (or other similar events) is a definite concern amongst those looking for VOIP service.
#4319 by danvm
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm
This needs to be implemented and NOW! I'm an ex-Vonage user and there were frequent outages primarily due to Comcast issues. Without Vonage automatically forwarding calls, we would have had no access to our primary phone number as there would have been no way to set up call forwarding when there is no access to the internet.
#4716 by fishmister
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:42 am
Please add this feature. This is great feature to have if your ISP or ooma goes down.

I was with Vonage 4 years and it was essential when Comcast started having issues. You don't want to miss the calls from your kids school and other critical events where timing is an issue.

I know this is a hangup for my brother who is currentlya Vonage user. If you had the fail over number he would switch to ooma in a heart beat!