Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23431 by pfc
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:23 pm
So I was just told by customer support that customers activating Core/Scout combos after 10/1/09 will be grandfathered in to the old TOS *and* pricing. Which, if true, would be great news.

But frankly, I'm not sure I believe it, since it seems to contradict what other people have been told by customer service.
#23434 by ggilman
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm
pfc wrote:But frankly, I'm not sure I believe it, since it seems to contradict what other people have been told by customer service.

The official word, left by the moderators, is that it goes by what is printed on your box. Currently, the new rules only apply Telo buyers. Anyone else's box would read that includes voice mail, whether you bought it a year ago or next week. Since hub/scout combos haven't been repackaged yet, if you bought one today, it would still be grandfathered in.

Wonder if there will be a rush of people buying the old ooma/hub stock rather than buying a Telo?
#23466 by thausman
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:26 pm
Sweet!, I just spoke Hannah at OOMA tech Support and They will honor the previous TOS if you sign-up or upgrade to the premier byl Oct 31st. This means I can sign up for the premier service for $99/year as I was on a trial. Hopefully they notify people via email or their lounge. She indicated that all I need to do is sign-up for the premier and they will make the price adjustment.
#23475 by dlong
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 pm
Sweet!, I just spoke Hannah at OOMA tech Support and They will honor the previous TOS if you sign-up or upgrade to the premier byl Oct 31st. This means I can sign up for the premier service for $99/year as I was on a trial. Hopefully they notify people via email or their lounge. She indicated that all I need to do is sign-up for the premier and they will make the price adjustment.

Ooma still ROCKs! :D
#23494 by Dennis P
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm
We're extending the $99.99 pricing for existing Ooma Hub/Scout customers. The price in My Ooma has been updated to reflect this. More to come...
#23496 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:52 pm
Dennis P wrote:We're extending the $99.99 pricing for existing Ooma Hub/Scout customers. The price in My Ooma has been updated to reflect this. More to come...

I knew you'd come through!! :D
#23525 by tobey717
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:48 pm
I'm really not worried about the extra 20 bucks for premier. My concern is new users. Without new users we don't have a service I'm sure most of us are the type of consumers that get everyone else we know on the band wagon correct? If I were to go to my family (especially a few in particular) they are going to see these charges and think they are "hidden fee's" or nickel and diming (well, that part is true).

Ooma, drop the 4.99 include it in the purchase price and think of some really cool new options that people can buy into. BE DIFFERENT Take a look at www.youmail.com I have that for my cell phone service (free btw)

I would gladly pay a few bucks a month for some of there features on ooma! Your still a start up you need to be thinking out of the box you simply don't have the users or capitol to be acting like AT&T.
#23534 by Big Boy Laroux
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:05 pm
Even if they stay with the voicemail as $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year, that is of course waaaaaay better than making people sign up for premier to get it.

So basically what it boils down to for me right now is just how poorly communicated these new T&C changes were. These forums BLEW UP when the new changes were announced in the blog because a lot of the changes and possible affects on users were not clear.

We got bits and pieces of info over these past few days thanks to people like Bobby and Dennis. But A LOT of this wouldn't have happened if ooma had taken more time and really laid out the entire plan. The release of the telo seemed rushed and the release of the new T&C seems REALLY rushed.
#23758 by dr150
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am
Dennis P wrote:We're extending the $99.99 pricing for existing Ooma Hub/Scout customers. The price in My Ooma has been updated to reflect this. More to come...

I ASSUME the YEAR 2 "tax" charge AND lack of voicemail (after expiry of Premier trial) DOESN'T apply for Costco.com Hub/Scout customers?.............(as per the retail box ad terms)......