Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23363 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am
I'd have to agree here... If you purchased the Ooma Core System under the premise that you could get the Premier Service for $99 then they should honor this. They could make it simple and just allow anyone using Premier prior to Oct 1 (whether purchased or trial) to continue to renew at the $99. Should you let your Premier Service lapse at any time then you would be subject to the new Premier Service rates. Just my $0.02...
#23367 by niknak
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:52 am
Give them a little while to realize the impact of their new TOS. I'll bet we see a modification soon. Just MHO

i agree
#23377 by ScottLive5
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 pm
I have 10 days Premier trial left...I called this morning to buy the Premier after the e-mail, got the old $99 rate and got grandfathered in, no problem.
#23378 by Big Boy Laroux
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:02 pm
Aveamantium wrote:I'd have to agree here... If you purchased the Ooma Core System under the premise that you could get the Premier Service for $99 then they should honor this. They could make it simple and just allow anyone using Premier prior to Oct 1 (whether purchased or trial) to continue to renew at the $99. Should you let your Premier Service lapse at any time then you would be subject to the new Premier Service rates. Just my $0.02...

I agree with this part, too. I won't be purchasing Premier for the foreseeable future, but they should do right by those people that were still in their Premier trial when the price was changed.

I also am a HUGE fan of ooma as a product. It does what it's supposed to, it looks GREAT, even the packaging is top-notch. But the news this week hasn't been about how great a product telo is, it's all been negative about their new T&C. That doesn't bode well.
#23382 by timeshifter
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 pm
ScottLive5 wrote:I have 10 days Premier trial left...I called this morning to buy the Premier after the e-mail, got the old $99 rate and got grandfathered in, no problem.

I'll have to try again. Someone on another forum said he was told he could still get it for $99, but he didn't actually complete the transaction. I tried to buy Premier this morning and was told (after a looooonnnngggg) hold that it would be $119.
#23387 by southsound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Big Boy Laroux wrote:I also am a HUGE fan of ooma as a product. It does what it's supposed to, it looks GREAT, even the packaging is top-notch. But the news this week hasn't been about how great a product telo is, it's all been negative about their new T&C. That doesn't bode well.

I agree 100%. Too bad that an awesome new product is overshadowed by changes in TOS that could have either been rolled out at a different time or made a part of the new product only. Ooma has received a lot of suggestions via this forum for features that could boost revenue and add value. Taking away what most people view as a basic feature was not a decision I'd want to take credit for. If you look at the active posts of the forum today things look really bad - and even worse is that Ooma has opened up the forum for non-owners so presales research will make people stay away from a company with so many negative comments. I wonder how the new customers of a hub will feel when they realize that not only is voicemail not a free option but that they cannot use their existing answering machine (most DECT 6.0 phones have them built-in) and use the remote retrieval feature since the hub will not pass incoming DTMF. :cry:
Last edited by southsound on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#23388 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 pm
timeshifter wrote:
ScottLive5 wrote:I have 10 days Premier trial left...I called this morning to buy the Premier after the e-mail, got the old $99 rate and got grandfathered in, no problem.

I'll have to try again. Someone on another forum said he was told he could still get it for $99, but he didn't actually complete the transaction. I tried to buy Premier this morning and was told (after a looooonnnngggg) hold that it would be $119.

Just make it clear that you already have Premier and want to extend it.
#23394 by Big Boy Laroux
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 pm
southsound wrote:I wonder how the new customers of a hub will feel when they realize that not only is voicemail not a free option but that they cannot use their existing answering machine (most DECT 6.0 phones have them built-in) and use the remote retrieval feature since the hub will not pass incoming DTMF. :cry:

This is something that is also still up in the air to me. If i go out and buy a hub/scout combo today, which T&C do i fall under? A post in this thread by Bobby B makes it seem like you would be under the old T&C (with voicemail as an included service), based on his "look at what it says on your box" statement. I'm looking at my hub/scout box now and it says "includes caller-ID, call-waiting, voicemail and 911" as well as "the one-time purchase of an ooma system includes free US Calling, caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail for the life of the ooma Hub device".
#23397 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:20 pm
Big Boy Laroux wrote:
southsound wrote:I wonder how the new customers of a hub will feel when they realize that not only is voicemail not a free option but that they cannot use their existing answering machine (most DECT 6.0 phones have them built-in) and use the remote retrieval feature since the hub will not pass incoming DTMF. :cry:

This is something that is also still up in the air to me. If i go out and buy a hub/scout combo today, which T&C do i fall under? A post in this thread by Bobby B makes it seem like you would be under the old T&C (with voicemail as an included service), based on his "look at what it says on your box" statement. I'm looking at my hub/scout box now and it says "includes caller-ID, call-waiting, voicemail and 911" as well as "the one-time purchase of an ooma system includes free US Calling, caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail for the life of the ooma Hub device".

Then this is what you will get. Right now the new TOS only applies to the Telo and an individual Hub purchased at Costco (at least until they repackage the Hub+Core). Now the Premier Service charge is a different story apparently...?
#23398 by Big Boy Laroux
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:21 pm
Right, that's how i understand it, but have heard conflicting info everywhere. ooma needs to SPELL OUT everything specifically.

So then the next question to answer for southsound would be be around DTMF. Does the telo support DTMF now, or is that a "future feature"?