Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23059 by Aveamantium
Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:51 pm
niknak wrote:
...he said "look at your box and you will see the features that are free ...

oh, ok so my hub and scout purchased last February will remail free for life with CID and Voicemail?

The way I understand it, Yes...
#23072 by pfc
Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:51 pm
I think there's still some confusion if someone purchases an Ooma Core hub/scout combo that is still in stock in the coming weeks. Are they considered an existing customer?

Bump. This is the key question.
#23074 by bryanlyle
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 pm
From my understanding, the Ooma hub/scout aren't going anywhere. They will remain in the product catalog for Ooma and continue to be sold.
#23076 by hpepper
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm
bryanlyle wrote:From my understanding, the Ooma hub/scout aren't going anywhere. They will remain in the product catalog for Ooma and continue to be sold.

I don't think this is the question asked by pfc. I thin kthe question is, If I buy a Classic Hub/Scout, say, in three weeks, am I considered a :current customer" by Ooma's new rules.
#23078 by southsound
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:17 pm
hpepper wrote:I think the question is, If I buy a Classic Hub/Scout, say, in three weeks, am I considered a "current customer" by Ooma's new rules.

Bingo. My question as well. And if it depends on what the box says, there will be a lot of folks who will avoid online purchases that may have the reduced features included, depending on when the retailer got their stock.
#23083 by hpepper
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm
Wow - Racoons are smarter than I thought - at least this one is. I once found a racoon on my trashcan lid and he hissed at me - I chased him off with a baseball bat.

I'll make sure not to hit him if he is talking on an Ooma connected phone. :D
#23186 by drdisney
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:00 pm
I think Ooma royally dropped the ball here by not email current customers explaining the situation before updating their site. Everyone seems to have a different position in regards to charges to current and new customers. Ooma for the most part has seemed to be on the sidelines, except for the few times they have responded in this thread. Hopefully they will send out their email ASAP before everyone's feathers start to get ruffled.
#23208 by murphy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:51 am
I have received two emails describing the changes.
#23218 by MakoCSH
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 am
One thing I loved about ooma was how simple everything was. Buy the hub and no more phone bills, period. If you want some extra cool services you can get them with a premier subscription, period. That was it. Now it's getting complicated which will make it harder for people to see the advantage (IMO).

If they are going to charge for phone support I hope they are bringing it back in house. If I pay for phone support and get someone in the Philippines I'm going to be, uh, mad!