Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#22770 by jtykal
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm
Just noticed that the new website also has new pricing on Ooma Premier. $9.99/month or $119.99/year. (It used to be $99/year.) Do the math -- paying for the annual subscription is not very appealing anymore. :?
Perhaps $119.99 is just a first year price that includes a number port? What is it going to cost me to renew my annual Premier service next year?
#22775 by southsound
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 pm
Well, since with annual payment you get your choice of a number port (worth 39.99) or a Telo handset (worth 49.99) you get a lot for those 11 cents. The Telo handset makes it a no-brainer for me. I just have to wait until they are release in a month or so. :cool:
#22782 by Lola
Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:38 pm
It does seem to me like they are trying to encourage people going month-to-month, I mean why lower the montly premier rates ($12.99 to $9.99). The monthly premier subscription was already not including the number port, so it did get more attractive.

The way I read it current customers are not liable for the $11.75 yearly fee or the premier increase, but do current customers become new customers when they port into Telo? Also would you lose your voicemail if you let your premier expire?
#22845 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 am
southsound wrote:Well, since with annual payment you get your choice of a number port (worth 39.99) or a Telo handset (worth 49.99) you get a lot for those 11 cents. The Telo handset makes it a no-brainer for me. I just have to wait until they are release in a month or so. :cool:

Where'd you see the handset info? I'll have to look for that. So, does that mean if you keep premier for 3 years, every year you get a new handset to add to the system?
#22848 by scottlindner
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:37 am
Lola wrote:The way I read it current customers are not liable for the $11.75 yearly fee or the premier increase, but do current customers become new customers when they port into Telo? Also would you lose your voicemail if you let your premier expire?

That isn't true. First, it isn't a fee, it's a tax. The government is taxing you, not Ooma. Ooma is just the messenger and bill collector. The annual tax exemption only exist for a very few people that purchased Ooma when it was at its original full bone retail price of $400. Most current customers do not fit into that category.

You get voicemail with Basic. I think what you are thinking is about the Call Screening that comes with Premier.

Scott
#22851 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 am
Actually, it looks like voice mail isn't free any more?

"Voice Mail is included with Ooma Premier (current Ooma Core customers will keep free Voice Mail)"
#22852 by ggilman
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 am
scottlindner wrote:The annual tax exemption only exist for a very few people that purchased Ooma when it was at its original full bone retail price of $400. Most current customers do not fit into that category.
Scott

It states:
$11.75 Annual Regulatory Fee in Years 2 and on (not applicable to current customers)

That doesn't mean the $400 folks. I bought mine of ebay for about half, but since I've had it for several months, I assume I'm covered under "current customers".
#22874 by Big Boy Laroux
Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 am
Interesting changes. Some Pros and Some Cons. But it looks like most of the negative changes (paying for Voice Mail, Paying for Phone Support, paying the regulatory fees) do not apply to current customers. Glad I purchased about a month ago.