Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#23589 by akindle
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm
Just to recap where i stand. Was given a temporary number until my number is ported. That way i could unhook the phone line from callvantage going to ooma hub. Wala. Problem with not being able to make outgoing call was solved. Aparently a conflict from having two voip plugged into a router. Next i logged into settings on the callvantage and forwarded my home phone number to to the new temp number ooma gave me. Ooma forwards to my cell phone. Everything works like i had hoped. Callvantage is totaly unhooked from my system. One less power cord. The one thing i will miss from callvantage is the multiple numbers it can forward.Other than 40 bucks a month. Maybe ooma will ad more than one number it can forward in the future. I also noticed in my ooma/lounge the drop down box to display the caller id number that will be displayed is not there anymore. Thanks to niknak and hpepper for your suggestions. I am still reading through the forums. I am very enthusiastic about this project. Hopefully ooma will be on nasdaq. It would be worth investing a few bucks.
#23590 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm
akindle wrote:The one thing i will miss from callvantage is the multiple numbers it can forward.

Give Google Voice a try... It's free and will forward to as many numbers as you would like!