Cant Make Outgoing Calls With Ooma Callvantage

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
akindle

Re: Cant Make Outgoing Calls With Ooma Callvantage

Post by akindle » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:34 am

I just disabled 10 digit dialing. Waited a few minutes. I still cant call out. Thanks

akindle

Post by akindle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Just to recap where i stand. Was given a temporary number until my number is ported. That way i could unhook the phone line from callvantage going to ooma hub. Wala. Problem with not being able to make outgoing call was solved. Aparently a conflict from having two voip plugged into a router. Next i logged into settings on the callvantage and forwarded my home phone number to to the new temp number ooma gave me. Ooma forwards to my cell phone. Everything works like i had hoped. Callvantage is totaly unhooked from my system. One less power cord. The one thing i will miss from callvantage is the multiple numbers it can forward.Other than 40 bucks a month. Maybe ooma will ad more than one number it can forward in the future. I also noticed in my ooma/lounge the drop down box to display the caller id number that will be displayed is not there anymore. Thanks to niknak and hpepper for your suggestions. I am still reading through the forums. I am very enthusiastic about this project. Hopefully ooma will be on nasdaq. It would be worth investing a few bucks.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm

akindle wrote:The one thing i will miss from callvantage is the multiple numbers it can forward.
Give Google Voice a try... It's free and will forward to as many numbers as you would like!
Go AVS!

akindle

Post by akindle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:27 pm

I requested the other day. Looks like an invitation only. I'm not enrirely sure how it works.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Just request your invite and you should get an email on how to sign up in a week or two. Unless someone out there has an invite that they're not using?
Go AVS!