Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#22714 by akindle
Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:11 pm
Ihave gone through the forums. Called ooma and have ticket number. In the meantime maybe someone has some experienced on this.
Right now the ooma hub is between the modem and linksys router. I would prefer it plugged directly into the router. I have tried both ways and get same results. I recieve calls But cant call out. I get ooma dial tone then silence. I have callvantage phone line pluged into wall on the ooma hub. I have the blue tab light on the ooma hub. I have tried giving ooma a static ip from the linksys router. I'm not for sure wich ip is the corect one to use. Linksys has a local ip and an ip in the status tab on the linksys. The status ip is the one i tried. because it has subnet and gateway. Any help would be great until my number is ported from AT&T.
#22724 by akindle
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 pm
Work with landline that is also voip callvantage.
Your ooma Network is Connected (myname)
Home
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Connected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Advanced Settings
Home Port
IP Address: . . .
Netmask: . . .
DHCP Configuration
Start Address: . . .
End Address: . . .
DMZ
DMZ Address: . . .
Quality Of Service (?)
Upstream Internet Speed (Kbps): (0 to disable)
Downstream Internet Speed (Kbps): (0 to disable)
Reserved Bandwidth for Calls (Kbps): 40 70 130 (default) 160 185 215
Port Forwarding
Rule Ports Type Forwarded To
None
Device Status - Rev: 27712.27712

Network
MODEM: Connected : [24.107.69.59]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]
Ooma Tunnel: Connected
Services
Telephony: 50 - Running
DNS: 71 - Running
Web Server: 47 - Running
VPN: 259 - Running
Free: 37636
#22727 by akindle
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:23 pm
Phone is conected. Have a blue tab. I get the ooma dial tone. I dial out and there is silence for 30 seconds. I get a recorded voice. Check the number and try again. The recorded voice apparently coming from at&t.
#22855 by akindle
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 am
What does that mean. Is it something that is corected on ooma end? Will it be corected after my number is ported from callvantage? I checked the recording i get at the end of the 30 second silence. IT says check the number and dial again,anouncement 8 five seconds later it repeats then anouncement 1. I get the same recording when i dont dial the area code using callvantage when it is the only voip hooked to my system. I figured it might be a portforwading conflict between the two voip's hooked to my system. ITs just very frustrating i cant make outgoing calls. I discovered last night that it is possible to call out by dialing the number imediatly hitting flash on my phone, that switches it to line two of ooma,hit redial on my phone and it will make the call. I'll never be able to get my wife to understand that procedure.
Also the call forwording/multi ring doesnt work either. But one step at a time.