Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#22451 by smahmoud
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 am
Hi,

I use ooma as my home phone. I occasionally send faxes over that ooma line which is very easy. Since I use the phone only for personal calls, I never thought about the 3000 minutes/month limit. I'm about to start a Home based business. It's not going to be a call center but I suppose it might need more usage for faxes and calls. I know that to get a second number, I'll have to subscribe to ooma premier which I intend to do to use some other features. What about the 3000 minutes/month limit? will it still be there on both lines?

Thanks
#22454 by Kevin1844
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 am
My understanding of the 3000 minute limit is that it's a very loose rule they have to keep people from running telemarketing companies via ooma. If you become a problem then you'll get an email from ooma letting you know you're a problem. It's not like once you hit 3000 then you're locked out until the end of the month.

Of course, that's MY interpretation of the contract.
#22941 by chuenl
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 am
For existing ooma hub, you get 3000 minutes monthly residential domestic calling. I think that ooma charges 1.9 cents/min if you are over 3000 minutes.
#22943 by bw1
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am
chuenl wrote:For existing ooma hub, you get 3000 minutes monthly residential domestic calling. I think that ooma charges 1.9 cents/min if you are over 3000 minutes.

The previous terms of service had 3000 minutes of outbound domestic calling. Inbound calls were not counted.

As far as I've read (and I've read a lot about Ooma), there has never been anyone charged the 1.9 cents / min, nor has there been any account terminated for residential use.

I have read that one or more were terminated when it was determined that they were using Ooma for a commercial, call center business.

The new terms of service state 5000 minutes and doesn't mention inbound or outbound.