Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#21287 by Brett
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:38 am
I just wanted to share my porting experience with those people thinking about ooma. Before I purchased my ooma system, I read all kinds of porting horror stories on the internet and it kind of scared me a little bit. However, I had a very good experience. I had my number ported over from Vonage. I got tired of Vonage raising the taxes/fees every other month. From the time I faxed my LOA to ooma to the time my number was ported was exactly 2 weeks. Number was ported yesterday with no problems. Everything works great. Bye Bye Vonage and I hope to never see you again!
#21299 by niknak
Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 am
...I got tired of Vonage raising the taxes/fees every other month...

Blame the government for all the taxes and fees, Vonage is just collecting them
#21301 by Brett
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 am
niknak wrote:
...I got tired of Vonage raising the taxes/fees every other month...

Blame the government for all the taxes and fees, Vonage is just collecting them

Not sure about that but when I first started using Vonage years ago, my bill was just over $27 a month. So someone is getting the extra "taxes" and "fees".
#21308 by cjtiming
Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 am
Man are you lucky...

We have two lines at home, so when I sent in my request, they took the main number off the bill, even though all the documentation that was signed had our second number as the one to be ported.

The process for me began on July 21st and I just got the correct number ported last week.

Still unsure about these guys....quality is not so great, my dvr can't connect, can't find how to set up a unique voicemail message for the scout, etc. etc.

Just plain tired of dealing with the lousy CS, so trying here...
#21309 by murphy
Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 am
cjtiming wrote:can't find how to set up a unique voicemail message for the scout

Configure the scout as a private device.
Assign the second phone number to the scout.
Configure it the way that you want.
use the phone connected to the scout to call the second phone number or take the phone connected to the scout off hook and press the play button on the scout.
Set up voice mail for the second number.