Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#21052 by maplewood
Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 am
I first purchased Ooma early last spring and was thrilled not only with the system but the tech support. The reps in Palo Alto were knowledgeable, personable, and skilled.

On the strength of that user experience I convinced four other folks to go Ooma. But much to my dismay as they have gone through the initial set up and get-used-to-it period they (and I) have had to deal with the call center in Manila. It has been less than a positive experience.

Supporting Ooma is not easy and the folks in Manila have had extensive training but its still rather frustrating to have to explain in very small bits what the issue is, what you have done to address it, and what might be done to correct the problem (I've been trying to get my caller ID straightened out for weeks, to no avail).

I'm happy for Ooma's success but would hate to see it falter on poor customer support.
#21053 by Aveamantium
Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 am
Maybe Ooma should consider providing state side support for Premier customers. I know they are looking for ways to push subscribers to the Premier Service and this may help?
#21073 by WayneDsr
Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 am
Maybe they should hire out the knowledgeable people in this forum!

Wayne
#21085 by hpepper
Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 am
I really like Aveamantium's idea of having a USA group to call for Premier customers and I also like Wayne's idea - I received a lot of help from the Pros on these forums.
#21091 by Aveamantium
Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am
WayneDsr wrote:Maybe they should hire out the knowledgeable people in this forum!

Wayne

Now there's an idea!! :) However, it will have to be more than a nickel... :razz: