My phone rings ONCE everytimg I do something with the ooma

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
tivoboy

My phone rings ONCE everytimg I do something with the ooma

Post by tivoboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 am

So, I just installed the ooma. everything seems to work fine, got it setup BEHIND the router since I have a lot of QOS setup AT the router.

I have the ooma setup as a high priority. But, the issue is, everytime I do something with the ooma phone, make a call, hang up call - boom, it RINGS again. It also rings randomly during the day, just once. Nobody is there it isn't a call, it just seems like it has something to do with connectivity? I didn't have this problem with my last VOIP gizmo,

Is there a setting on the ooma to turn on or off some sort of ring?

Also, where is the setting to increase the voip quality?

hpepper

Re: My phone rings ONCE everytimg I do something with the ooma

Post by hpepper » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am

Welcome to no-more-phonebills and the forums.

You can change QOS settings, but that won't do much if you have Ooma behind the router. You can make changes in setup.ooma.com having a laptop connected to the HOME port.

Can you put the Ooma hub before the router modem>hub>router just to test if it changes it and makes it work?

tivoboy

Post by tivoboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am

I could try that, but the router is doing the DSL authentication, which is what I prefer. I've NEVER had good luck with a device between modem and router. AND, I like the router to manage QOS for all devices, which I guess it would still.

tommies

Post by tommies » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm

I also have the hub behind my router, which doing all the QoS, and do not have anything like yours.

Do you try it with a different phone to see it still happens?

Maybe a hard reset(reset to factory default) might help. To do so, unplug the power supply for 5 minutes, and then hold down the tab(the red/blue tab) while plug in power and continue to hold for 30 seconds.
tommies