Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#20630 by tivoboy
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 am
So, I just installed the ooma. everything seems to work fine, got it setup BEHIND the router since I have a lot of QOS setup AT the router.

I have the ooma setup as a high priority. But, the issue is, everytime I do something with the ooma phone, make a call, hang up call - boom, it RINGS again. It also rings randomly during the day, just once. Nobody is there it isn't a call, it just seems like it has something to do with connectivity? I didn't have this problem with my last VOIP gizmo,

Is there a setting on the ooma to turn on or off some sort of ring?

Also, where is the setting to increase the voip quality?
#20631 by hpepper
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am
Welcome to no-more-phonebills and the forums.

You can change QOS settings, but that won't do much if you have Ooma behind the router. You can make changes in setup.ooma.com having a laptop connected to the HOME port.

Can you put the Ooma hub before the router modem>hub>router just to test if it changes it and makes it work?
#20633 by tivoboy
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am
I could try that, but the router is doing the DSL authentication, which is what I prefer. I've NEVER had good luck with a device between modem and router. AND, I like the router to manage QOS for all devices, which I guess it would still.
#20675 by tommies
Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm
I also have the hub behind my router, which doing all the QoS, and do not have anything like yours.

Do you try it with a different phone to see it still happens?

Maybe a hard reset(reset to factory default) might help. To do so, unplug the power supply for 5 minutes, and then hold down the tab(the red/blue tab) while plug in power and continue to hold for 30 seconds.