Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#20401 by MWPollard
Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 pm
Google Voice offers this. I can select a contact, and the system will first call me and then call the contact (and they will see my GV number).

I would like something similar for ooma, particularly if integrated with email and the Lounge. This should then allow me to call back someone from a missed call or voicemail just by clicking in either the email (opens a new web page) or the Lounge. I could then choose to take the call from any specified phone number, whether my ooma phone or otherwise, and the other end would see my ooma number.
#20402 by hpepper
Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 pm
MWPollard wrote:Google Voice offers this. I can select a contact, and the system will first call me and then call the contact (and they will see my GV number).

I would like something similar for ooma, particularly if integrated with email and the Lounge. This should then allow me to call back someone from a missed call or voicemail just by clicking in either the email (opens a new web page) or the Lounge. I could then choose to take the call from any specified phone number, whether my ooma phone or otherwise, and the other end would see my ooma number.

It will be interesting when Ooma ties in Google voice - It doesn't look like it will do what you are talking about, but it will be a nice add-on.

http://blog.ooma.com/2009/03/18/ooma-and-google-voice/
#20623 by jm9496
Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am
you CAN use google voice now to achieve this. when you create the widget, set it to only call your ooma phone number and also to turn off call presentation.
#20653 by MWPollard
Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 pm
But doing that will send your Google Voice number rather than the ooma number. I'd rather the receiver see the Caller ID they recognize, that is, the ooma number, which is a local call for them. Google Voice doesn't offer numbers in my area.

If I choose to use Google Voice, fine; I can use the Google Voice feature to call people with a computer applet. If I choose to use ooma, I'd like a similar feature - which will use my ooma phone number, not a third-party phone number that is only being used (and tied up) just for the feature.
#20739 by jm9496
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 am
MWPollard wrote:But doing that will send your Google Voice number rather than the ooma number. I'd rather the receiver see the Caller ID they recognize, that is, the ooma number, which is a local call for them. Google Voice doesn't offer numbers in my area.

If I choose to use Google Voice, fine; I can use the Google Voice feature to call people with a computer applet. If I choose to use ooma, I'd like a similar feature - which will use my ooma phone number, not a third-party phone number that is only being used (and tied up) just for the feature.

oh. You want it to go the other woy. Why?... Just dial the frickin' number.
#20953 by MWPollard
Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm
Simple. If I'm not home, say, at work and checking my voicemail online, I want the receiver to see my number / Caller ID anyway.

And this is easiest if I can just click a "Call Back" button in the notification itself. I would like to be able to: Go to the Lounge, see the new message, listen to the message, click "Call Back", and specify which phone at which I can be reached. The phone I specify rings, even if that is my work number or cell phone, and after I pick up, the other end rings.

And don't just say to use Google Voice instead. Since the other person called my ooma number, I'd like them to see my ooma number on their Caller ID. My ooma number is local; Google Voice doesn't offer local numbers.