Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19894 by morte
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm
It would be nice to have Visual Voicemail. Have OOMA automatically transcribes your voicemails to text. The ability to read, store, search and respond to your voicemail messages on your phone, laptop, or mobile device.

I would love messages be sent via SMS to your cell phone.

I heard that OOMA did this at one time but got sued over a patient violation. Is there any truth to that, and could be be changed to no violate the patent and still work?

Cool feature..

Thanks for your consideration!!
#19898 by southsound
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 pm
You might want to consider using Google Voice as a front-end to ooma. In a month or so we should expect Premier Extensions for Google Voice - but I've been using it for a while now without the integration and it is super - it has all the features you are looking for and free. It is also a source of occasional entertainment because the transcription sometimes is less than accurate. Makes for a great chuckle - but the audio is also available in case the text is not right. :cool:
#20080 by scottlindner
Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 am
You're kidding me. This is another one of those examples of why we need patent reform. There is nothing innovative about this concept. My question to the patent holder is this, how much R&D money did they spend developing this patent? My guess is exactly $1000, the cost to file the patent application.

Scott
#20193 by jm9496
Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am
scottlindner wrote:You're kidding me. This is another one of those examples of why we need patent reform. There is nothing innovative about this concept. My question to the patent holder is this, how much R&D money did they spend developing this patent? My guess is exactly $1000, the cost to file the patent application.

Scott

this is hysterical:
http://www.klausnertechnologies.com/it is like a joke.

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id= ... chnologies

hasn't this expired anyway? It was filed in 1992 and issued two years later.

did anyone else ever read the vonage patents. I am still shocked that they were upheld. there is nothing new about accessing a database to confirm a user's login. (I forgot exactly how that one was phrased)