Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19877 by mcbleu
Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:24 am
any chance to see in the near future ooma "Small Business Edition" or "business edition" ?

Not that there is anything to change as now you can use ooma for business
but I don't think that is officially allowed
#19964 by ggilman
Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 pm
I don't think that is officially allowed

The current legitimacy of using Ooma for a business is based on the size. They are perfectly happy with small home offices. They've said as much many times. My wife works out of the house as a real estate agent & falls in this category. On the other hand, they are very specifically against call centers and large businesses.
#103199 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 am
Ooma for small business or "Ooma Office" is coming soon!

http://articles.courant.com/2012-11-12/ ... e-handsets

"Ooma has another strong value proposition coming in January — Ooma Office. It's a user-installable internet phone solution designed for small businesses with ten or fewer employees. A $249 starter system will include a base station and two Ooma Linx for connecting up to three phones/devices (like a credit card scanner or fax line). The $19.95 a month service package supports one line, one phone number, 3 physical extensions and 15 virtual extensions (call forwarding to mobile phones, home phones) with unlimited calling in the U.S. and Canada. The system also features a professional sounding "virtual receptionist," voice mail, call transfer, ring groups and music-on-hold. More lines can be added for $19.95 each.

Over time, Ooma could save a small business buckets of cash. A comparison chart compiled by the company shows an Ooma Office system with five extensions and three lines costing $2,760 to buy/use over a three-year period, less than half the cost of similar offerings from 8x8 ($6,000), Access Line ($5,700), Ring Central ($7,000), Vonage ($7,700), Panasonic PBX ($6,740) and Panasonic Cloud ($5,120)."
#104412 by Tuan
Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm
I'm currently using an Ooma telo with premier service for my business, but I need more features. I was thinking of switching to a business voip:

http://www.nextadvisor.com/voip_services/index.php

I'm glad to see Ooma introduced Ooma Office and hopefully have it available soon. I'll hold off the switch a little longer to see how Ooma Office will work out for me.

Thanks for the announcement lbmofo
#104447 by oostburg
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 am
This business version is very appealing to me. However, I am concerned about my whitepages phone directory business listing. I assume if I port to Ooma, I will no longer have my business phone number in the local phone book? (thats what happened with my home landline) Anyone have ideas, I cannot be invisible to my customers.
#104783 by jduffy
Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 am
oostburg wrote:This business version is very appealing to me. However, I am concerned about my whitepages phone directory business listing. I assume if I port to Ooma, I will no longer have my business phone number in the local phone book? (thats what happened with my home landline) Anyone have ideas, I cannot be invisible to my customers.

I think you can call the phone company and pay a small fee to have the number listed in the while pages. Frankly, not a lot of people use phone books anymore. You don't even get a white pages book unless you are a customer of the phone company. As for yellow pages, most people go to the Internet. Every time I get a yellow pages book or a "yellow book" (the competition) they go into the garbage right away. First, they made them so small now I cannot read the numbers and second, I use Angie's List and the Internet to search for a company. Phone books are so 20th Century :-)
#104787 by murphy
Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 am
Verizon no longer publishes the white pages at all.
Online access through their website is the only method available to look up numbers.

With the move from landlines to cell phones most numbers already do not appear in any directory.
I would not expect the younger generation, that don't have landlines, to even think of looking in a phone directory.

I get a monthly mailing from couponclipper.com that contains ads from local companies.
That might be more effective than a directory listing.
#104789 by WayneDsr
Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 am
I get a phone book every year and NEVER crack it open.

Wayne