Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19583 by uma-ooma-uma
Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:09 am
Like ooma, service works well but IMHO:

Customer service call quality must be improved.
*The call quality to customer service is terrible. Combine that with English-as-a-second-language and you have poor communications.

Email customer support too slow.
* a week between responses is too slow.

Porting needs to be better coordinated.
* ooma needs to shorten the span of time between the original carrier's cut date and the time your old number is reassigned to ooma. Several days of fast busy for our callers is a problem.
#19645 by ggilman
Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:46 pm
When I called customer service with an issue I actually stated to the guy that I seemed to have picked up a new problem. Hadn't happened before on my ooma, but now there's an echo in the line. He apologized and said it was on his end, no the ooma. Apparently it's normal for the call center. I called back a couple of weeks later and noticed the same thing.

Just curious, who did you port from? I went from AT&T/BellSouth and while there was a 3 week wait for the port, the day it happened I barley noticed. Not sure how long my phone was out, but it couldn't have been very long at all & coincided with a time when I wasn't using it anyway.
#20212 by uma-ooma-uma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 pm
Ported from AT&T Callvantage VOIP. AT&T notified me and ooma notified me to expect the transition 9 Sep and indeed my home number quit working that day. Unfortunately it took two emails, two support calls and 5 more days before my ported number started working. But now that it is working - all is forgiven!
#22430 by murphy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 am
Probably not. It took 8 hours from when my number stopped working on Vonage until it began working on ooma. It's not a simple process. Vonage had to release it back Verizon, who is the actual owner of my number. Then Verizon had to forward it to ooma.
#22432 by mc674
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:29 am
murphy wrote:Probably not. It took 8 hours from when my number stopped working on Vonage until it began working on ooma. It's not a simple process. Vonage had to release it back Verizon, who is the actual owner of my number. Then Verizon had to forward it to ooma.

how many ports do yout think Ooma has per day? Is it a matter of an Ooma rep calling Verizon and asking them to get moving?
#22461 by bryanlyle
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 am
Ooma has recently (in the last few months) switched their Tier 1 support overseas. I understand the cost savings, but from a customer service standpoint, it stinks.

I've had to call in a couple of times since the switch and it was hard to understand the CS person.
#22689 by mc674
Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:17 pm
I had a good port experience. my number was originally a verizon number i ported to callvantage years ago. at 8 am est on the day of my port, i noticed my old number stopped working. i called OOma at 11:30 am est and asked the rep - he said it'll take some time. i asked if he could speak to someone in the porting department while i was on hold, he left the phone for a couple minutes, came back on and told me i would be up and running in 5 mins. I powered up again, and it was done. noon EST on the promised date wasn't bad at all, especially if it went from Callvantage -> Verizon -> Ooma.