Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19118 by 1kenthomas
Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:45 pm
On Monday night I reported my OOMA unit offline via email.

On Tuesday I called technical support and reported the issue, and was told I would be called by second-level support "within 48 hours."

I did not receive a reply to my email until today. I have not received a retrun call from support.

This is obviously an unacceptable support level for a product marketed as home phone service. I would therefore like to hear what OOMA intends to do in order to solve this service level problem.

Kenneth Thomas
#19125 by niknak
Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:17 pm
....On Monday night I reported my OOMA unit offline via email...

Does the unit light up?
Offline does not mean a problem with ooma, it's more likely a problem with network settings
#19130 by southsound
Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 pm
1kenthomas wrote: I would therefore like to hear what OOMA intends to do in order to solve this service level problem.

Kenneth Thomas

Although a few of the ooma exec's browse this forum from time to time, the best way to contact ooma management for a definitive answer to your question is not through this forum but instead by going to the ooma home page, then news and reviews. From there you can click on the managment team and the contact tab for phone numbers, addresses, and even driving instructions.

On the other hand, if you would like to get your unit up and running then please consider posting your configuration and problem details here. There are many knowledgeable users who will help you sort things out. We have discovered that like many startups there may be some occasional warts with support - but the product is awesome and we know how to make it work.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV.
#19135 by 1kenthomas
Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm
Dear all,

Thanks for the replies.

My unit came on a little while after talking to customer support-- the tech had taken me through a hard reset (via holding the ooma tab down) after having me connect directly to the DSL modem; I wasn't able to get across the concept that it was necessary to authenticate with a password to the modem; after reconnecting to the router.

I also got a good, quick into to what each of the lights on the front panel indicate when there is a failure.

"However," of course, five days to get an email reply is what it is-- all other things taken into consideration-- I certainly prefer OOMA to AT&T but would and could not recommend the product to a relative without a tech background.

I'll thus take it up via the channels to management mentioned above.

Yours and thanks again,

Ken
#19145 by but2002
Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:01 am
1kenthomas wrote:Dear all,

Thanks for the replies.

My unit came on a little while after talking to customer support-- the tech had taken me through a hard reset (via holding the ooma tab down) after having me connect directly to the DSL modem; I wasn't able to get across the concept that it was necessary to authenticate with a password to the modem; after reconnecting to the router.

I also got a good, quick into to what each of the lights on the front panel indicate when there is a failure.

"However," of course, five days to get an email reply is what it is-- all other things taken into consideration-- I certainly prefer OOMA to AT&T but would and could not recommend the product to a relative without a tech background.

I'll thus take it up via the channels to management mentioned above.

Yours and thanks again,

Ken

Is it possible that your modem has to have the thing behind it authenticate itself fia PPoE? If that's the case that may be your issue.
#19232 by gnomexp
Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 am
I actually had a pretty piss poor Ooma service experience myself when my hardware failed within two weeks of purchase. I called in Tuesday, explained the situation, got an RMA, and was told that the new unit and return box would ship out in a day or two. I also got a call Thursday asking another tech question and was told that the RMA was still enroute.

When I called back that Sunday because I hadn't received any delivery confirmation or receipt via email or phone, I found out they actually hadn't sent out the replacement unit despite being FOUR BUSINESS DAYS. When they didn't send it on Monday either, I called to cancel the return, simply returned the defective unit to MicroCenter, and bought a cheaper new one at Fry's. Tech support ported the number over two days.

I definitely believe they should try everything possible to troubleshoot a unit over the phone, even if it takes a day to contact you before giving the RMA but a week to quite literally replace a home's telecom service is unacceptable. I tried voicing this fact to supervisors but it more or less fell on deaf ears.

I just assume that my Ooma hub will have no good support. If it doesn't break again, I'm happy.
#126935 by eddieteddybear
Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm
Although a few of the ooma exec's browse this forum from time to time, the best way to contact ooma management for a definitive answer to your question is not through this forum but instead by going to the ooma home page, then news and reviews. From there you can click on the management team and the contact tab for phone numbers, addresses, and even driving instructions.

I agree, I like what you posted, as level one support is 99% worthless, I know more than they do...and (have not done some in quite a while) call them the minimum talk (chat) is at least 1 hour and the best you can expect from them after an hour of chat is the spelling of their job title, MAYBE lol (I hope Don C. reads this!!!) I maintain copies of chats in my notebook folder to prove my point and can 'post' upon request.

Seriously though, the ONLY two times I got any 'service' was from a tier 3 named Norm, and an upper level management gentleman named Don C. I am trying to get Don C.'s phone number again, as the one I have seems to be not correct anymore. If you know his number (I have 650-269-3061 for Don C.) I know he travels for Ooma a lot to South America, but a great guy to have a number for as he is the answer when you have a real problem
Thanks
Eddie