Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19067 by robtcody
Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 am
I suppose this must have been requested before because it is so obvious, but then again, if it were that obvious, why isn't it in place?

"Call forwarding all" should have a number of rings option. As it is, it forwards on zero rings (ooma hub doesn't ring).

I should have the option to forward on the third ring for example.
#19077 by southsound
Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:17 am
In telco terms, Call Forward All is just that - all calls are forwarded regardless. What you are asking for is Call Forward No Answer or CFNA.
#19092 by doug
Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:44 am
robtcody wrote:"Call forwarding all" should have a number of rings option. As it is, it forwards on zero rings (ooma hub doesn't ring).

I should have the option to forward on the third ring for example.

As Southsound points out, in telco vernacular call forwarding does not give you the opportunity to answer -- that would require "call forwarding no answer", which is a separate feature. With my LEC landline, I have both features, and can use 72# to turn on call forwarding (all), and *47 to set the number of rings for call forwarding no answer.

But when my number gets ported to ooma, I don't expect to miss the call forwarding no answer (CFNA) at all. Premier accounts have a feature which in my book is FAR superior to call forwarding no answer. And that is multi-ring.

I am looking forward to an option to not require a "1" to connect from a multi-ring call, especially when driving. But even at that, I consider multi-ring way nicer than my current LECs' CFNA feature.