Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#993 by juicy360
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm
With Premier you get multiple phone numbers. I have two numbers, one is home and the other a home-office number.

I only want to forward my home-office number to my mobile phone. Can I do that? (It appears all call to any number will be forwarded?)
#998 by trim81
Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:12 pm
juicy360 wrote:With Premier you get multiple phone numbers. I have two numbers, one is home and the other a home-office number.

I only want to forward my home-office number to my mobile phone. Can I do that? (It appears all call to any number will be forwarded?)

on the ooma lounge log in, enter your OFFICEnumber (not the default number) along with your password...

Log on to that specific account and change the forward setting there.
#1016 by Bobby B
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm
At this time you cannot setup multi-ring on a per ooma phone number basis from the web (if you have multiple ooma phone numbers on the same personal device account).

However, ooma Support can go in and manually configure multi-ring on one of your numbers only by request.
#1254 by veroned
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm
I would like to see virtually all the controls and features (over time) be configured on a PER PHONE NUMBER basis. I use a home and office type of settup like the original poster.

So far the only work around I have heard is to assign one number to the hub and another to the scout. But his gives up other flexibility like having both numbers ring and be answered anywhere.

Notice how you can already assign a different ring tone to each number? Every other feature from call block to blacklist to forwarding to do not disturb should be available this way.

I was about to make the decision to drop the premiere service. But the addition of blacklists is causing me to reconsider. Add the ability to actually manage the multiple numbers you allow us to have and I will be completely sold.

(And I will call support and get a single line doing the multi-ring very soon! Glad you mentioned that in the post).
#3343 by DreLV
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 pm
I would like to see the feature of being able to forward or multi-ring different numbers for each of my premier numbers. I use ooma for my business. My associate is currently using the 2nd line, but all calls are multi-ringed on my cell phone.

Are you guys looking at adding this capability?
#5184 by oomg
Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:49 am
DreLV wrote:I would like to see the feature of being able to forward or multi-ring different numbers for each of my premier numbers. I use ooma for my business. My associate is currently using the 2nd line, but all calls are multi-ringed on my cell phone.

Are you guys looking at adding this capability?

...and why not?
#5185 by oomg
Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 am
On 10/29/08 Bobby B. wrote:

Multi-Ring
Simultaneously ring or forward your ooma number to your mobile phone, or any number you choose.

Description: When you enable Multi-Ring, you will be asked for a phone number. Most folks will want to input their mobile phone number, but any number will work. Whenever someone calls your ooma phone number, the ooma system will ring both your home phones and your Multi-Ring number at the same time. You can answer directly on your home phone, or if you answer on the Multi-Ring number, press 1 to confirm.

If you just want to forward your calls, you can uncheck the box for ringing your home phone. This will result in the call just ringing on your Multi-Ring number.

Beta Caveats:
- Multi-Ring is not supported on calls received on landlines, only numbers ported or picked from ooma.
- Multi-Ring to your home phones requires that your ooma Hub be online.
- We do not allow "direct answer" on the Multi-Ring number. You must press 1 to confirm the acceptance of the call.
- You cannot configure an international multi-ring phone number.

More recently:
Bobby B wrote:At this time you cannot setup multi-ring on a per ooma phone number basis from the web (if you have multiple ooma phone numbers on the same personal device account).

However, ooma Support can go in and manually configure multi-ring on one of your numbers only by request.

So, if I want only one line to forward, I must contact support?

How about the following scenario: I am considering adding a third number which I would like to have forwarded at all times. Can this be done via the ooma lounge, or must I go through support?

How about if I want the third number forwarded most of the time (i.e. occasionally want to disable forwarding)?

Is the person to whom the forwarded call still required to press "1" to receive the call?

oomg
#5248 by Bobby B
Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 pm
Hi oomg,

oomg wrote:So, if I want only one line to forward, I must contact support?

Right now, yes. I'm hopeful we'll be able to change this soon so that users can configure and change this behavior themselves from the Lounge
oomg wrote:How about the following scenario: I am considering adding a third number which I would like to have forwarded at all times. Can this be done via the ooma lounge, or must I go through support?
How about if I want the third number forwarded most of the time (i.e. occasionally want to disable forwarding)?

If you're assigning this third number to the same "shared" device, then you'll need to contact support. Otherwise, you can create a separate personal device and assign only that 3rd number to it.
oomg wrote:Is the person to whom the forwarded call still required to press "1" to receive the call?

Yes.
#5251 by oomg
Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:15 pm
Bobby B wrote:Hi oomg,

oomg wrote:So, if I want only one line to forward, I must contact support?

Right now, yes. I'm hopeful we'll be able to change this soon so that users can configure and change this behavior themselves from the Lounge
oomg wrote:How about the following scenario: I am considering adding a third number which I would like to have forwarded at all times. Can this be done via the ooma lounge, or must I go through support?

If you're assigning this third number to the same "shared" device, then you'll need to contact support. Otherwise, you can create a separate personal device and assign only that 3rd number to it.

Well... I took the leap and signed up for a third number...
As I was checking out, i received a message that before I could choose a new number, I would need to receive an email message from ooma. I have yet to receive any message. If this is a number that I want to assign to permanent call forward, what do I need to do at this point in time?

oomg
#5257 by Bobby B
Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm
I had a look at your account, and it looks like you can go ahead and add your new number under Preferences->Phone Numbers

I'll send you a note with more info.

oomg wrote:Well... I took the leap and signed up for a third number...
As I was checking out, i received a message that before I could choose a new number, I would need to receive an email message from ooma. I have yet to receive any message. If this is a number that I want to assign to permanent call forward, what do I need to do at this point in time?
oomg