Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#18882 by jm9496
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 am
Feature request:

provide a download link in voicemail notification emails (when the MP3 file is not attached.) and SMS messages.

The download link will need to contain a random secure code used to retrieve the single message
#19251 by scottlindner
Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:56 pm
jm9496 wrote:Feature request:

provide a download link in voicemail notification emails (when the MP3 file is not attached.) and SMS messages.

The download link will need to contain a random secure code used to retrieve the single message

I like the suggestion. However, it doesn't need to be random. They could also implement HTTP Basic Authentication, put it over SSL, and that's all the more security you need without worrying about magic numbers in the URL.

Scott
#19273 by jm9496
Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm
scottlindner wrote:

I like the suggestion. However, it doesn't need to be random. They could also implement HTTP Basic Authentication, put it over SSL, and that's all the more security you need without worrying about magic numbers in the URL.

Scott

I have to stand by my magic number request. This allows one to forward the email and link only to the one message without giving out secret credentials.

for example, look an how google voice sends out voicemail links.
#19344 by scottlindner
Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 pm
jm9496 wrote:
scottlindner wrote:

Scott

I have to stand by my magic number request. This allows one to forward the email and link only to the one message without giving out secret credentials.

for example, look an how google voice sends out voicemail links.

I have to stand by my basic auth. If you want to forward the email to someone else, that's your call, but not everyone is going to sign up for such intrusion on privacy.

Scott