Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#76 by Eric P
Thu May 08, 2008 7:33 am
I would love to see a call activity log. Perhaps as an integration with the voice mail listing the ooma lounge. Say, as something like this:

Display two lists, the top most being a list of inbound calls, including the following information:

Date and Time of call.

Callers number (including caller ID and name, if available)

Resolution of call (such as the following)...
    Answered (someone picked up the line)
    Unanswered (ring until timeout and forwarded to voicemail)
    ID screened ("send to Voicemail" button pressed during ring period)
    Voice screened ("send to voicemail" button pressed as caller recording)
    Forwarded (if the call was answered, but then the "send to voicemail button was pressed
    Privacy (Privacy Mode enabled - no ring, caller sent to voicemail)

Message (If the caller recorded a message, a play link could be provided)

Call duration (if answered, how long was the call? If sent to voice mail, how long is the message?)

The second list, of outbound calls could include date and time, called(to) number, calling (ooma) number and call duration.
#78 by Bobby B
Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 pm
Hi Eric, these are great suggestions! I especially like the idea about having "call treatment" options integrated into a single view. We'll try to get these suggestions integrated when we further develop and roll out the feature.

As you may have already heard, online call logs are one of the most requested features. We're definitely working to make this feature available soon. Call logs will likely be rolled out after the next couple major feature releases.

Thanks!
Bobby

Eric P wrote:I would love to see a call activity log. Perhaps as an integration with the voice mail listing the ooma lounge. Say, as something like this:

Display two lists, the top most being a list of inbound calls, including the following information:

Date and Time of call.

Callers number (including caller ID and name, if available)

Resolution of call (such as the following)...
    Answered (someone picked up the line)
    Unanswered (ring until timeout and forwarded to voicemail)
    ID screened ("send to Voicemail" button pressed during ring period)
    Voice screened ("send to voicemail" button pressed as caller recording)
    Forwarded (if the call was answered, but then the "send to voicemail button was pressed
    Privacy (Privacy Mode enabled - no ring, caller sent to voicemail)

Message (If the caller recorded a message, a play link could be provided)

Call duration (if answered, how long was the call? If sent to voice mail, how long is the message?)

The second list, of outbound calls could include date and time, called(to) number, calling (ooma) number and call duration.
#79 by Eric P
Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm
Bobby B wrote:I especially like the idea about having "call treatment" options integrated into a single view. We'll try to get these suggestions integrated when we further develop and roll out the feature.

Sounds great Bobby! I love how ooma thinks outside the box and truly listens to customers! I'd never expect one of the old guard phone companies ever doing anything near the same.

As you may have already heard, online call logs are one of the most requested features. We're definitely working to make this feature available soon. Call logs will likely be rolled out after the next couple major feature releases.

Actually, no I did not know that, but honestly, I am not surprised. I look forward to seeing the and will be utterly thrilled if some or all of my idea above becomes a part of it!

Eric
#112 by ben_b
Wed May 14, 2008 8:51 pm
It would also be nice if some statistics would be added at the same time. Like you have talked to this number for x minutes, etc. Also in the forums is there any way to subscribe to a topic or forum?
#117 by Bobby B
Thu May 15, 2008 8:50 am
Hi ben_b, this forum system does have the capability to support subscriptions to topics and forums (e.g. so you'll get emails when there are new posts). I'll check with our network operations team to see if we can enable this feature.

ben_b wrote:It would also be nice if some statistics would be added at the same time. Like you have talked to this number for x minutes, etc. Also in the forums is there any way to subscribe to a topic or forum?
#35539 by ben_b
Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 am
Bobby B wrote:Hi ben_b, this forum system does have the capability to support subscriptions to topics and forums (e.g. so you'll get emails when there are new posts). I'll check with our network operations team to see if we can enable this feature.

ben_b wrote:It would also be nice if some statistics would be added at the same time. Like you have talked to this number for x minutes, etc. Also in the forums is there any way to subscribe to a topic or forum?

I noticed that I can subscribe to topics now but still cannot subscribe to forums. Would like to be able to subscribe to the Ooma Status & Updates forum in particular.