Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#17264 by thbjr
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm
As per Bobby's request here, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1766&start=20
The Call Forwarding on Internet Outage feature is now available on the "Preferences->Calling" page. Please give it a try and post in the forum to let us know what you think. There's some additional info in the release notes:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2476&p=17254

it's working like a charm. I set the outage call forward to my cell, unplugged the hub and called it from my magic jack. call forwarded to my cell just as advertized.
THANKS OOMA!!!!!

Now if there was just a way around the 'press 1' issue with the 'call forward all' feature.
#17265 by atici
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 pm
I don't get it. Currently I can pick between Multi-Ring and Call forward on outage. Shouldn't they be both available and have separate options? I also envision multi ring with an option to work without pressing 1 (as many others have pointed out).
#17266 by thbjr
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 pm
My lounge has the 3rd option. Maybe you just need to log uot and back in?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.96 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
#17270 by dtalwar
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 pm
It seems it is one or the other, it would be great if we could have them as separate options ... I actually want to use Multi-Ring on one number and Call Forward on Internet Outage on another (I know, long story, perhaps for later).
#17272 by bw1
Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 pm
WayneDsr wrote:But by selecting the outage choice, do you not get multiring? Is it one or the other?

Wayne

Yes, it looks like it's one or the other.

Also, is the outage choice selectable by those without Ooma Premier? The "Enable Call Forwarding" option has the "blue crown" next to it indicating it's a Premier option, which it is for multi-ring/call forward all.
#17274 by WayneDsr
Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm
Well, I tested all the choices and "call forward on internet outage" is nice, but it disables multi-ring which I need to have.

Wayne

Edit: FYI "Call forward on internet outage" does not require you to press 1.
#17299 by bc3tech
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:41 am
WayneDsr wrote:Well, I tested all the choices and "call forward on internet outage" is nice, but it disables multi-ring which I need to have.

Wayne

Edit: FYI "Call forward on internet outage" does not require you to press 1.

multi-ring would take care of "internet outage" as well - since it rings your phone any time the ooma servers get a call - not when your hub does.

so regardless of your hub's connected status, your multi-ring will do the trick for you.

basically
outage = forward only if my internet is down or hub is out of commission
forward all = forward always, don't ring home phone ever
multi-ring = ring alt number any time somebody calls my ooma number, is regardless of hub connectivity
#17305 by WayneDsr
Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 am
so regardless of your hub's connected status, your multi-ring will do the trick for you

Right, I think I was hoping for a call forward always with no "press 1" since, if you make that choice, you eliminate Multi-Ring.
But I get it, and it works great.

Wayne