Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#17259 by ajuedu
Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 pm
Please take this in consideration.

US Unlimmited Plan should include their territories also like other companies.

Virgin Islands
Guam
Puerto Rico

Please include these on the list...
#19221 by solimar4kids
Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am
I AGREE!!!!!!!I am about to cancel and return the ooma. All my family lives in PR and I am not able to call them. I tried using calling cards to call them and it is not working at all. The money I thought I was going to save I am spending it on calling cards. Magic Jack haves Puerto Rico for free why not Ooma???? It is even obvious to the customer service when I call. They are telling me they will add PR for free but the question is WHEN????

Vonage, AT&T, AT&T Call vantage, and all other companies have Puerto Rico, Canada and Guam for free. Badly they will loose clients due to this.

The product is great works like a charm, but they need to keep up with the competition.
Does anybody know's when they will do this?????????
#19234 by niknak
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 pm
...Vonage, AT&T, AT&T Call vantage, and all other companies have Puerto Rico, Canada and Guam for free...

You pay $24.99 a month for Vonage, who kows how much for the others - how is that free???
#19236 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:16 pm
solimar4kids wrote:I AGREE!!!!!!!I am about to cancel and return the ooma. All my family lives in PR and I am not able to call them. I tried using calling cards to call them and it is not working at all. The money I thought I was going to save I am spending it on calling cards. Magic Jack haves Puerto Rico for free why not Ooma???? It is even obvious to the customer service when I call. They are telling me they will add PR for free but the question is WHEN????

Vonage, AT&T, AT&T Call vantage, and all other companies have Puerto Rico, Canada and Guam for free. Badly they will loose clients due to this.

The product is great works like a charm, but they need to keep up with the competition.
Does anybody know's when they will do this?????????

We all like anything free, but all of the companies you listed charge a recurring monthly or annual fee; Ooma does not. If free calling to PR is the most important consideration to you, one of those companies may be a better choice for you. As an option, Google Voice rates to PR are (I think) about $0.02/min.

All "free" features have some cost associated with them that must be borne by the revenue taken in from the entire subscriber base. If Ooma decides that the demand for free calls to PR will have the effect of increasing that base by significantly more than enough to offset the cost, they will likely add it.
#19264 by opusdei
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:10 pm
IF Ooma doesnot keep up with Vonage Ooma will be doomed by vonage unlimited calling option .Most of the Ooma customers are emigrants from other countries . Last week alone Vonage got 1.3 million new customers that is after their new promotion . Had Ooma got anything close to that !!!!!!
do anyone agree with me ?

Ooma could easily provide this feature in their Premier plan .....

I spend morethan $ 25a month calling people abroad ....Y do that anymore ?....
Say YES to Vonage .UNLIMITED Call Over 30 countries for $24.99 !!!!
If Ooma start something like that Ooma will be the NUMERO UNO in VOIP in a matter of months but do they have the resourses ?

Ooma stop the costco promotion which has no value .Start today with grabing the CHUNK OF $$$ CONCIOUS VONAGE CUSTOMERS WITH A SIMILAR OFFER THIS IS FOR EVERY EMIGRANT WHO WISH IF IT WERE SO .
#19268 by southsound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:27 pm
opusdei wrote:Most of the Ooma customers are emigrants from other countries.

Not sure how the poster knows this, but I suspect he may be right about me. I emigrated from Northern Ohio to California in 1969 then emigrated again in 1991 to Washington! :razz:

In reality, I would guess that the demographics of the ooma base would contain about the same mix of native origins as that any high-tech product. The attraction may be more to the younger crowd as they may better understand technology but I'm 63 and love my ooma. It is just as financially advantageous to a person trying to save money on local and long distance as someone who has relatives overseas and wishes to stay in touch. Comparing a service that has a monthly fee to one that does not is not a very fair comparison.
#19269 by solimar4kids
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:28 pm
opusdei wrote:IF Ooma doesnot keep up with Vonage Ooma will be doomed by vonage unlimited calling option .Most of the Ooma customers are emigrants from other countries . Last week alone Vonage got 1.3 million new customers that is after their new promotion . Had Ooma got anything close to that !!!!!!
do anyone agree with me ?

Ooma could easily provide this feature in their Premier plan .....

I spend morethan $ 25a month calling people abroad ....Y do that anymore ?....
Say YES to Vonage .UNLIMITED Call Over 30 countries for $24.99 !!!!
If Ooma start something like that Ooma will be the NUMERO UNO in VOIP in a matter of months but do they have the resourses ?

Ooma stop the costco promotion which has no value .Start today with grabing the CHUNK OF $$$ CONCIOUS VONAGE CUSTOMERS WITH A SIMILAR OFFER THIS IS FOR EVERY EMIGRANT WHO WISH IF IT WERE

Thats my point. I totally agree....
#19275 by Groundhound
Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 pm
opusdei wrote:Most of the Ooma customers are emigrants from other countries.
Interesting claim, I wouldn't know. I do know I wasn't asked by Ooma where I was born when I signed up.
#19330 by jmassimilla
Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 pm
niknak wrote:
...Vonage, AT&T, AT&T Call vantage, and all other companies have Puerto Rico, Canada and Guam for free...

You pay $24.99 a month for Vonage, who kows how much for the others - how is that free???

Over $30/ month when you add all the fees, etc. Plus, Vonage will get you in other ways as per personal experience.
#19333 by hpepper
Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 pm
opusdei wrote:IF Ooma doesnot keep up with Vonage Ooma will be doomed by vonage unlimited calling option .Most of the Ooma customers are emigrants from other countries . Last week alone Vonage got 1.3 million new customers that is after their new promotion . Had Ooma got anything close to that !!!!!!

I am wondering where this information comes from. The only thing I can find is last quarter results (quarter ending June 30, 2009) in their quarterly filing by Vonage themselves, which states:

"The Company lost 89,000 net subscriber lines, finishing the quarter with 2.5 million lines in service"