Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#17085 by RN09
Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 am
I currently having 6 months free trial with premium account.
I live in CA. My brothers live in Reno, Nevada. Can I pick my second number locally to them so they can call me with no charge?
#17087 by murphy
Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:03 am
RN09 wrote:I currently having 6 months free trial with premium account.
I live in CA. My brothers live in Reno, Nevada. Can I pick my second number locally to them so they can call me with no charge?

Yes, My main number is in PA and my second number is in FL.
#17108 by southsound
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:03 am
Yes but remember that the second number is a feature of Premier and will go away after the trial if you choose not to subscribe to Premier.
#17110 by RN09
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:07 am
southsound wrote:Yes but remember that the second number is a feature of Premier and will go away after the trial if you choose not to subscribe to Premier.

I know. Thanks for reminding note.
Thanks eveyone for quick responding. This is a very active forum.
#17131 by oomg
Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:18 am
RN09 wrote:
southsound wrote:Yes but remember that the second number is a feature of Premier and will go away after the trial if you choose not to subscribe to Premier.

I know. Thanks for reminding note.
Thanks eveyone for quick responding. This is a very active forum.

Forwarding telephone calls is one of the few areas where MagicJack seems to work well. If you can find a MJ number that is toll free from a close relative or friend, set up the MJ account to forward to your target number. $20 per year... Does not require the MJ device to be plugged in to a computer in order to continue forwarding. Unfortunately for you, MJ does not have any numbers in the Reno area. (Area code 775 as I recall.)
#17138 by southsound
Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:58 am
oomg wrote: Forwarding telephone calls is one of the few areas where MagicJack seems to work well. If you can find a MJ number that is toll free from a close relative or friend, set up the MJ account to forward to your target number. $20 per year... Does not require the MJ device to be plugged in to a computer in order to continue forwarding.

You could also either have them get a Google Voice account or get one for yourself with their area code. I have a computerless friend who has a 253 area code cell phone from work. He has no problem calling anyone because his outgoing long distance is free (included with airtime) - but his home phone is area code 360 and since he didn't have a long distance plan it was costing his wife a small fortune to call him. Also he's one of the leaders in our support group so many of the members without long distance could not call him. I set up a GV number in the 360 area code that forwards to his 253 number. No cost to use and no fee to set it up. His wife can also use the GV outgoing call function to call other people across the US. :cool:
#17142 by oomg
Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:47 am
southsound wrote:
oomg wrote: Forwarding telephone calls is one of the few areas where MagicJack seems to work well. If you can find a MJ number that is toll free from a close relative or friend, set up the MJ account to forward to your target number. $20 per year... Does not require the MJ device to be plugged in to a computer in order to continue forwarding.

You could also either have them get a Google Voice account or get one for yourself with their area code. I have a computerless friend who has a 253 area code cell phone from work. He has no problem calling anyone because his outgoing long distance is free (included with airtime) - but his home phone is area code 360 and since he didn't have a long distance plan it was costing his wife a small fortune to call him. Also he's one of the leaders in our support group so many of the members without long distance could not call him. I set up a GV number in the 360 area code that forwards to his 253 number. No cost to use and no fee to set it up. His wife can also use the GV outgoing call function to call other people across the US. :cool:

Better yet!
#17147 by lohertz
Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:28 pm
Long distance is just a term made up by the telcos, which made a difference when there was switchboard operators, but little today because all telcos are interconnected. The difference is the money just keeps changing hands between them all.

I laugh when a telco tries to charge for Long distance, like it cost them more to connect me :D