Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16928 by dblenman
Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:17 pm
It would be most helpful if we were able to MultiRing multiple numbers at the same time. When I was reviewing the demo materials online, I saw that there was a feature called multiring - and based on my experience with other VOIP vendors, I therefore assumed that it would allow me to ring multiple phones (like they do) - not just one additional phone. Could this be added?

It would be even better yet if we could also set a schedule as to when we wanted to ring each of the additional numbers too.

Would ringing multiple numbers be something that could be added still in 2009?
#16930 by southsound
Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:22 pm
The feature you want is already a part of Google Voice. I use it as a front end to my ooma system and cell phone. Later this year ooma will bring out Premier Extensions for Google Voice so I am sure that the features will be more seemless. For now, why not give GV a lookover? It's free, gives you a lot of cool options, and works well as a front end for your existing phone service. :cool:

I just noticed your post count and thought that a Welcome to ooma! might be in order. You're going to like it here. Lots of friendly people, good advice, just no huge phone bills!
#16935 by dblenman
Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:00 pm
Thanks. I agree that there seem to be a lot of good suggestions and ideas in these forums. Refreshing.

I'm anxiously awaiting an invite to Google Voice. Once I get access, and so long as that free service proves itself to be reliable (to me) that is undoubtedly the route I would like to take. Not knowing when that will be though (that it will be opened up to additional new users) I thought that I would ask for this feature through this product/service. Who knows when Google Voice is going to allow the rest of the world to join in. I've been waiting for at least a couple of months already.
#16938 by ChiefBonesAlum
Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:18 am
I'm wondering when Google Voice will be opened up to the general public as well. I have friends I'd like to have check it out, but GV only had a few numbers local to my area, and those have disappeared since I signed up. Not only will it do the multi-ring you're requesting, but it will also handle some of what you want in conditional voice mail that you mentioned in your other post. You could also check out YouMail for your voice mail needs.

I've had Google Voice for about a month now, and it seems to work very well for me. I've only had one glitch test calling between my numbers, and that was operator error (in other words, my mistake). :)
#16944 by thbjr
Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:53 am
dblenman wrote: Who knows when Google Voice is going to allow the rest of the world to join in. I've been waiting for at least a couple of months already.

Perhaps you should re-apply for an invitation. I got mine about 2 weeks ago after about a 7-10 day wait.
#16951 by southsound
Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am
thbjr wrote:
dblenman wrote: Who knows when Google Voice is going to allow the rest of the world to join in. I've been waiting for at least a couple of months already.

Perhaps you should re-apply for an invitation. I got mine about 2 weeks ago after about a 7-10 day wait.

I had several friends wait less than a week recently. One of the biggest problems for those who think they have not received theirs is some email programs (Outlook in my case) will send the invite to junk mail. When you request a new invitation, make sure you have Google Voice [voice-noreply@google.com] in your safe senders list. Mine ended up there and had I not checked the junk mail, it would have been gone.
#16956 by dblenman
Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 am
southsound wrote:
thbjr wrote:

I had several friends wait less than a week recently. One of the biggest problems for those who think they have not received theirs is some email programs (Outlook in my case) will send the invite to junk mail. When you request a new invitation, make sure you have Google Voice [voice-noreply@google.com] in your safe senders list. Mine ended up there and had I not checked the junk mail, it would have been gone.

I have re-applied a couple of times and triple checked all of my E-mail filtering systems/lists, but I still haven't heard anything. I've also spoken with several colleagues of mine that have been waiting for months as well. Don't know if you just got lucky and picked the right time/day/way to apply or what. But, none of my comrades or I have had any luck. I am VERY anxious to get an account though, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic. In my humble opinion, if it does everything that they advertise and it does turn out to be reliable, I believe that it will, by far, end up being one of the best things that Google has done to date. I truly believe that it stands to "change everything". It could especially blow up even more if they allow developers and companies to integrate to the service and develop it as part of their offerings.

I think it is pretty interesting to think that their stock might end up going back through the roof again over a free service – huh?