Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#44854 by alancommike
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 pm
Other option is to wait to see how the SIP features that Ooma mentioned turn out. Depending on what they do, you could get a SIP-based biz phone, Polycom, Cisco, etc. I'm using my old Nortel 9417CW now with a single analog line from my Telo, but I'm hoping that when they export the SIP features, I'll be able to use both lines from a SIP phone. Like all consumer electronics, there's lots of promise on future features. I have no idea how they'll pan out or when.

...alan
#44856 by alancommike
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm
gullybr wrote:
murphy wrote:Search eBay or Google for 9417CW.
I have three of them.
They are branded Aastra, Nortel, and Sprint but they are the same 2 line desk phone.

All three are connected to my two ooma lines.

Murphy, does this phone work well? I found this topic as I too am looking for a good single office phone. I really don't care how many lines it has, but I want it to have a very good speakerphone, and good compatability with Ooma, and good compatability with Ooma, and good compatability with a Plantronics headset. I'm guessing if it's a nice business phone, then the headset will work fine. can you speak to the speakerphone and Ooma functionality? thanks, as I have a friend that has a brand new Aastra 9417cw he will sell me for a good price.

I'm not Murphy, but I do have a 9417CW, and the speaker phone is pretty good. I've not used it with a headset, but I expect it's more a function of the headset than the phone. If you're looking for a biz quality phone, it'll work nicely.

...alan
#44962 by oomg
Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 am
At my desk at home, I have a Plantronics T20 headset phone connected up to two separate numbers. I also have an older Panasonic 3-line "EASA PHONE" which has speaker phone features, but rarely use the speaker phone. Both allow for easy two line conferencing separate from my Ooma device, or I can use a single line together with my Scout to set up a conference call. Either way works well.
#44974 by DTMF
Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 pm
Serendipitous side note... I discovered that the Ooma voicemail message-waiting signal is compatible with the Nortel phones. All of my Nortel phones blink when the Ooma has a message waiting. :cool:
#44985 by caseybea
Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm
I have a cheap-o V-Tech cordless phone that also works with the voicemail indicator. pretty nice.
#45015 by oomg
Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm
DTMF wrote:Serendipitous side note... I discovered that the Ooma voicemail message-waiting signal is compatible with the Nortel phones. All of my Nortel phones blink when the Ooma has a message waiting. :cool:

One of my Christmas gift recipients has a Panasonic cordless set. Each unit blinks when there is a message at the Telo. I need to check to see if the message can be retrieved from any of the (4) cordless units.
#98217 by rocksockdoc
Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 am
I use the Ooma for business use.

I bought from Costco the "Panasonic KX-TG6672" so-called business desktop phone - but I do NOT recommend it for you!

It basically stinks. The key problem is that the call quality sucks (although this may also be due to the Ooma service itself).

The recipients tell me the sound is 'saturated'. I have to put the phone many feet away from me to prevent that, which is crazy. There is no setting for microphone sensitivity.

And, there is no MUTE button on the desktop phone. That's crazy for a business phone that is used for long conference calls (it has a mute feature, but you have to use a menu to get to it).

Also, calls don't actually hang up when I hang up. More details here:
Time and time again, Ooma doesn't hang up when I leave a msg