Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16741 by victor327
Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 am
Any competitive moves from ooma to fight Vonage World plan (free international calling for 60 countries) for $24.99?

free/limited international calling for premium club??
#16743 by Neubiee
Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 am
Hmmm... that would be great. But if you think about it: $99/ per or Free

DOES NOT Equal to 24.99 + tax = $37.

That is approximately: $444/year. I'm going to assume a typical international call costs 5cents per minute. So that is approximately 8000 international minutes. Unless you already spend that kind of money on Long distance, I don't see any value!

But again it would be nice if ooma reacts to Vonage's World Plan!
#16747 by victor327
Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 pm
I already know few of my friends who are thinking of moving back to vonage coz of World package. I dont want ooma to loose the ground coz of this.
May be they throw in 500 minutes or something to keep customers like my friends.

If they want to act on this.. they should act fast otherwise it would be a costly mistake.
#16748 by atici
Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:06 pm
victor327 wrote:If they want to act on this.. they should act fast otherwise it would be a costly mistake.

I somehow doubt that. The percentage of people who call more than a few countries to spend $37/month (include taxes) in total is quite low. It's likely Google Voice will offer better benefits soon. Vonage is a dinosaur compared to ooma/GV.