Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16619 by grathke
Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:27 pm
Hi All,

After my number was ported, I contacted Vonage to deactivate my account. It all went smoothly except the rep said she would give me unlimited calling for $14.95 a month as opposed to the usual $19.95 / month. I said why didn't they do this in the first place, not that it would have made any difference.

Thinking all was fine, I received an email from Vonage that they would not deactivate my account because ther was a 0.20 cent balance due. What they heck? They've made over $600 on me over the years and they couldn't forgive a .20 cent balance. Yes I realize I owed it, but I'm still thinking they should have. Anyway, I paid and am off Vonage.

Funny thing... on the first call, they asked why I was leaving, so I mentioned I am using ooma. A bit of silence, then she said, I suppose the initial cost and extremely low monthly fees appealing. DUH !!!!

A few days later Vonage called back trying to get me to re-sign with them for the special price mentioned above. The rep would just not take NO for an answer. I finally had to hang up, which was rude of me. But after 3 times of saying no, I really said no. on hook.

Glenn
#16625 by southsound
Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:46 pm
grathke wrote: A few days later Vonage called back trying to get me to re-sign with them for the special price mentioned above. The rep would just not take NO for an answer. I finally had to hang up, which was rude of me. But after 3 times of saying no, I really said no. on hook.
Glenn

Sorry, but I don't agree with your statement above in red. When a person calls you, asks for you to do or buy something, and you tell them, "no, thanks" then the rude party is the person who does not accept your answer. If a caller will not accept my "no" then they need to have a little training in common courtesy. It seems that we both implement that training in the same way - by placing the receiver back on hook. :cool:
#16633 by oomg
Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm
grathke wrote:Hi All,

After my number was ported, I contacted Vonage to deactivate my account. It all went smoothly except the rep said she would give me unlimited calling for $14.95 a month as opposed to the usual $19.95 / month. I said why didn't they do this in the first place, not that it would have made any difference.

Thinking all was fine, I received an email from Vonage that they would not deactivate my account because ther was a 0.20 cent balance due. What they heck? They've made over $600 on me over the years and they couldn't forgive a .20 cent balance. Yes I realize I owed it, but I'm still thinking they should have. Anyway, I paid and am off Vonage.

I hope you sent them a check via U.S. Mail... complete with a 23 cent stamp. Not quite sure how that happened, but that still would not be a reason refuse to to "dactivate" the account (if by that phrase, you mean to terminate the service). The account itself might still show a balance.
#16778 by niknak
Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:52 pm
...I hope you sent them a check via U.S. Mail... complete with a 23 cent stamp....

I would have sent them 20 pennies, and enclosed a note saying that I didn't mind spending the extra money on postage becaue I was saving so much with ooma

...Not quite sure how that happened, but that still would not be a reason refuse to to "dactivate" the account (if by that phrase, you mean to terminate the service)...

Actually having a balance due to your old carrier is a reason a port will not go through