Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16593 by oomg
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:57 am
O.K., so I'm a sucker for a good deal. Last week I saw an ooma "answering machine" for sale for $30 together with a rather unique looking base telephone. Had to investigate, so I sent an email to the Craigslist seller. Got a return response from an entity in Hollywood by the name of Katalyst Films. When I spoke with them I was told that this was some older equipment that had been phased out.

After checking, I found that Ashton Kucher (yep... the same one) is (or at least was at one time) involved in Katalyst Films. Holy Cow... I think I may have purchased Ashton Kucher's personal ooma Hub for $30. I know... given the historical value it's probably worth at least $31, but hey... gold is where you find it.

Not entirely good news though. Katalyst did not have and could not find the power supply cord... so there it sits.
#16599 by southsound
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:54 am
oomg wrote: Holy Cow... I think I may have purchased Ashton Kucher's personal ooma Hub for $30. I know... given the historical value it's probably worth at least $31, but hey... gold is where you find it.

So if Ashton didn't cancel his service on the hub, it may be grandfathered for lifetime Premier! I can hear you answering it now... "No, Mr. Kucher is not available. This is oomg - how may I help you?"

The raccoon is humbled to be in the presence of perceived royalty! :razz:
#16600 by oomg
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am
southsound wrote:
oomg wrote: Holy Cow... I think I may have purchased Ashton Kucher's personal ooma Hub for $30. I know... given the historical value it's probably worth at least $31, but hey... gold is where you find it.

So if Ashton didn't cancel his service on the hub, it may be grandfathered for lifetime Premier!

ooh...ooh... hadn't thought of that... guess I better find a power cord somewhere.

southsound wrote:I can hear you answering it now... "No, Mr. Kucher is not available. This is oomg - how may I help you?"

Well... ah... actually, I was thinking it would be the other way around.

southsound wrote:The raccoon is humbled to be in the presence of perceived royalty! :razz:

As well you should be.