Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16560 by JRHelgeson
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 am
I keep getting sales calls from my ***** credit card companies. The calls come from different 800, 866 or 877 numbers but they all have the same caller ID name of "800 Service". I would like to create a blacklist that works based on the ID name, not just the number.
#17074 by bw1
Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 am
The only problem with that is that there are legitimate callers with "800 Service" as the caller id name. At least I've gotten some.
#17407 by suzod
Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 pm
JRHelgeson wrote:I keep getting sales calls from my ***** credit card companies. The calls come from different 800, 866 or 877 numbers but they all have the same caller ID name of "800 Service". I would like to create a blacklist that works based on the ID name, not just the number.

I just joined this forum to make this exact same suggestion! And I'm not too concerned if I miss 'legitimate' calls....if they are terribly 'legitimate' they can use a phone number registered under their company name. (Or they can reach me via email, or postal mail, or simply leave a message and I'll return it if I need to...since I can direct my blacklist to voicemail.) Most of the telemarketers won't ever leave a message anyway, so other than seeing it in your call log you still don't have to be bothered by the phone ringing.