Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16505 by cortcollins
Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:25 pm
I have had ooma for just over 30 days now and I requested 2 numbers be ported over. I do have the premier account.

The 1st number was ported over but to the wrong number. That's OK because I can correct that with tech support.

The second number was supposed to be ported over on 8/6/2009 and I called tech support where I spoke with Mikel on several occassions. One time he told me the number was ported over and in the same conversion told me it was not and I had to go through the porting request again. I asked after several calls to Mikel to speak with a supervisor and he said he can't do that.

At this point I'm really frustrated and refuse to speak with Mikel again. He has no clue about what he is doing.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,'

Cort Collins

**** Thanks but Sioeli Taumalolo from support is helping me on this.
#16731 by nalabheema1
Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:41 am
Hi All,

I have the same issue porting my 2 numbers from old VOIP company . OOMA porting one number one time and the second later , when try contacting OOMA customer support, the process work like that way and we cann't do any thing, we will try contacting porting Dept.

on the whole OOMA think customer bought equipment, and they need to/will stick with OOMA.

OOMA cusstomer support is so bad and rude in replying customer call.
#16772 by ydnar723
Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 pm
cortcollins wrote:I have had ooma for just over 30 days now and I requested 2 numbers be ported over. I do have the premier account.

The 1st number was ported over but to the wrong number. That's OK because I can correct that with tech support.

The second number was supposed to be ported over on 8/6/2009 and I called tech support where I spoke with Mikel on several occassions. One time he told me the number was ported over and in the same conversion told me it was not and I had to go through the porting request again. I asked after several calls to Mikel to speak with a supervisor and he said he can't do that.

At this point I'm really frustrated and refuse to speak with Mikel again. He has no clue about what he is doing.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,'

Cort Collins

**** Thanks but Sioeli Taumalolo from support is helping me on this.

Sorry to hear about your number port problems. Could you elaborate what Ooma advised the problem is porting your lines over? Is the old VOIP provider not releasing the numbers? Porting can get messy at times (I know from excperience) and there are always reasons why it doesn't work, or half works or why you have to go through this again. I would be glad to offer any advice that might help rectify it (and I am sure many others on here)
#21329 by kenboyd16
Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am
I had a similiar conversation with someone who didn't understand my questions. If you can't understand the question, you certainly can't provide any answers.

I'm having better luck communicating via e-mail with Sioeli Taumalolo.