Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16257 by OomaScott
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:56 pm
Uploading an mp3 file to use as the outgoing voice mail message someone hears when they get the voice mail would be a very nice feature. This way, an Ooma customer could create a really cool mp3 file or similar audio file using their desktop audio software (music, cool voice effects, professional voice quality, whatever), and upload it to Oooma to use as the message that someone hears when they call.
#98172 by Leeway
Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 pm
Why not just play the music of your choice and hold the handset up to your speaker while it is recording your message choice instead of talking a message?

I've done that many times.
#98204 by Leeway
Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 pm
Hollywood wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Donna, these guys are wanting "high quality" recordings :)

Then use good speakers! :P

Oh yes, I often call someone when I know they are not home just to listen to their "high quality" concerts. ;) ;) ;)

Kidding aside, I have to say it irritates me when someone buys a phone and just uses the canned message without making one that gives their name or some kind of clue that you've dialed the correct number. When I hear the built-in message, I sometimes hesitate to state my business because I am not positive I have the correct connection. I've had that happen and left a message that never arrived because the person had gone strictly to a cell phone and cancelled their landline.

Donna
#111088 by OSSAlanR
Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 am
I certainly agree with this. If you want to make a professional impression to your customers and other callers you need a professional sounding greeting. It makes a difference. And, relatively speaking, how hard can it be?