Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#16162 by colinf
Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:03 pm
I currently have Cox Cable for my 2 phone lines. I am using a Cox cable phone modem with an ATT cordless phone system with multiple cordless phones. Does anyone know how to install the OOMA hub?
Thanks
#16175 by murphy
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 am
Assuming that you want to get rid of the COX cable phone lines, register your ooma hub for use WITHOUT a phone line. This must be done before you hook up the hardware.

Connect the modem port of the ooma hub to a LAN port on your router.

Connect the base station for your wireless phones to the phone port on your ooma hub.

Turn the brightness dial on the right side of the hub to maximum brightness.

Connect the power to the ooma hub and wait for the tab on the back of the hub to turn blue.
#16176 by colinf
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 am
Thanks. The problem is that the router is on the other side of the house. I can't put the hub there because I will not have access to the voice mail. The portable phone base is in my office where the hub s/b located. Currently I have the phone modem connected to the portable phone base in my office.
#16178 by murphy
Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 am
Presumably you have a LAN connection in your office for your computer. Buy a LAN switch and a short LAN cable. Disconnect the LAN cable from your computer and connect it to the switch. Connect your computer to the switch using the new LAN cable. Connect the ooma hub to the switch using the supplied LAN cable. Disconnect the phone base from the COX phone adapter and connect it to the ooma phone port.