Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15961 by JadeKyle
Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 pm
The following was a post in the general discussion forum, and I love both suggestions...

I'd like to suggest a scheduled do not disturb feature. Where do not disturb is automatic and set via the Ooma web interface. I'd like to forward calls to voice mail at a certain time in the evening, and allow them through in the morning again.

It would be nice to have a white list to compliment the black list. The white list would consist of phone numbers which can break through do not disturb. There are a few family members and friends, who if they call at 2AM I want to wake me up. Other than that, I'd prefer all to go to voice mail.
#16000 by scottlindner
Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:46 am
JadeKyle wrote:The following was a post in the general discussion forum, and I love both suggestions...

I'd like to suggest a scheduled do not disturb feature. Where do not disturb is automatic and set via the Ooma web interface. I'd like to forward calls to voice mail at a certain time in the evening, and allow them through in the morning again.

It would be nice to have a white list to compliment the black list. The white list would consist of phone numbers which can break through do not disturb. There are a few family members and friends, who if they call at 2AM I want to wake me up. Other than that, I'd prefer all to go to voice mail.

I suspect we'll see a lot of this come available when GV (Google Voice Extensions) is deployed. GV already does everything you asked for, and more. Although I am curious how seamlessly it will integrate with Ooma.

I agree with the need for white lists and different behavior for white list callers, blacklist callers, and uncategorized callers.

Cheers,
Scott