Do not disturb timer and White list

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
JadeKyle

Do not disturb timer and White list

Post by JadeKyle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 pm

The following was a post in the general discussion forum, and I love both suggestions...

I'd like to suggest a scheduled do not disturb feature. Where do not disturb is automatic and set via the Ooma web interface. I'd like to forward calls to voice mail at a certain time in the evening, and allow them through in the morning again.

It would be nice to have a white list to compliment the black list. The white list would consist of phone numbers which can break through do not disturb. There are a few family members and friends, who if they call at 2AM I want to wake me up. Other than that, I'd prefer all to go to voice mail.
Ooma Service:
Lifetime Premiere account
Ooma Equipment:
Ooma original Hub and Scout
Ooma Telo
2-HD2 handsets
Ooma Customer Since: April 2008

scottlindner

Re: Do not disturb timer and White list

Post by scottlindner » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:46 am

JadeKyle wrote:The following was a post in the general discussion forum, and I love both suggestions...

I'd like to suggest a scheduled do not disturb feature. Where do not disturb is automatic and set via the Ooma web interface. I'd like to forward calls to voice mail at a certain time in the evening, and allow them through in the morning again.

It would be nice to have a white list to compliment the black list. The white list would consist of phone numbers which can break through do not disturb. There are a few family members and friends, who if they call at 2AM I want to wake me up. Other than that, I'd prefer all to go to voice mail.
I suspect we'll see a lot of this come available when GV (Google Voice Extensions) is deployed. GV already does everything you asked for, and more. Although I am curious how seamlessly it will integrate with Ooma.

I agree with the need for white lists and different behavior for white list callers, blacklist callers, and uncategorized callers.

Cheers,
Scott