Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15420 by Pandora
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 am
It would be nice to have a Palm Pre application to configure settings and check for voice mail on Ooma.

The Palm Pre WebOS is a Linux OS, the Palm SDK is free, and it works under Windows. If you visit precentral.net and visit the home-brew forum there are already more than a dozen Linux applications created for this device.

It may even be possible to easily implement a VOIP interface with the Pre as it is based on Linux. I believe listing an application with the Palm store isn't expensive, and it would help users of the Pre. Other cell phones may use a non-Linux OS, or a non-Linux SDK, for the Pre it's not only Linux, but also Windows friendly. I'd trust an application made by Ooma a thousand times more than a home-brew made by someone I don't know.

As the Ooma hub, and Ooma Telo seem to be slim Linux devices, development for the Palm Pre which is also a slim Linux device (with 24/7 internet access) shouldn't be a problem IMO.
#15439 by ggilman
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:19 pm
There have been a number of requests for mobile apps to access the lounge. In particular several iPhone requests, as well as a couple of Blackberry. Ooma has stated that they hope to provide such capabilities. My guess is that rather than having 4 or 5 separate web apps, it would be far more efficient for them to have a mobile web app interface & with a major web site upgrade coming at the end of September, I wouldn't be surprised if we would see it introduced then.
#72511 by dinlaca
Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 am
Wondering what, if any, update there is with respect to this application.

I have the Palm Pre 2 unlocked on an unlimited ATT plan, and it just rocks. The only thing missing to make my cell phone experience complete is an Ooma app.

To the extent that you need beta testers, or need assistance in developing such a program (I have begun programming for the WebOS platform; so intuitive), I would love to help out.

Please let me know.
#74202 by rlanza1054
Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm
I'm glad to see other WebOS fans using Ooma!

I doubt that they will be making a WebOS app for the Palm Pre soon, we don't have enough market share yet.

However, I did discover that if you just use your WebOS browser, the 'my ooma' page comes up nicely on a Palm Pre and looks just like a regular WebOS app.

Just 'bookmark' your MyOoma webpage.

You can do all the things you are requesting, I tested it out myself!

Rob

PS Here is what I'm bookmark to:

https://my.ooma.com/m