Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15249 by esetton
Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:05 pm
I recently switched over from Vonage to Ooma (just one day in the system). I have a few suggestions on the call forwarding setup options.

We have 2 telephone numbers one of which we use for the family and the other for a home office.

It would be beneficial to be able to configure each of these phone number independently so that the family number could be forwarded to one of the family members number and the home office number to another.

It would also be beneficial to have a setting that forwards the calls only of there is internet outage.

Regards,

Eli Setton
#15250 by bw1
Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:13 pm
You can do what you want by assigning devices in the lounge under preferences -> phone numbers.

If you have premier, you can use multi-ring to handle an internet/power outage.

The ability to forward on outage is supposed to be coming.
#15251 by esetton
Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 pm
Hi:

Thanks for your response. I am signed up as a Premier Member and have set up the Multi Ring to handle the issue of a power outage. The system is not working at this time as I tried it with a customer service rep from Ooma and he had to open a service request to see what the problem is.

From what I understand from the Ooma rep the multi ring cannot be set independently for both phone numbers so my cell phone will ring anytime a call comes in event if there is someone at home.

It will be nice when they can set it up so you can independently set each number and only have the call forwarding when there is an internet outage.
#15252 by bw1
Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:58 pm
esetton wrote:Hi:

Thanks for your response. I am signed up as a Premier Member and have set up the Multi Ring to handle the issue of a power outage. The system is not working at this time as I tried it with a customer service rep from Ooma and he had to open a service request to see what the problem is.

Multi-ring will not work for Ooma to Ooma calls or with calls to an integrated landline.

esetton wrote:From what I understand from the Ooma rep the multi ring cannot be set independently for both phone numbers so my cell phone will ring anytime a call comes in event if there is someone at home.

It will be nice when they can set it up so you can independently set each number and only have the call forwarding when there is an internet outage.

You can set them independently if you assign one of the phone numbers to a personal device.

ooma lets you add phone numbers for your home office and each of the members of your family. You can choose to have incoming calls ring on all your phones or just on the phones connected to your personal device.

Once you assign a device for personal use, you can create a private account in the ooma Lounge to hear your personal voice messages. If you do not assign devices for personal use, they will be "shared." All phone numbers assigned to your shared devices will ring and leave voicemail in your primary Lounge account.
#15255 by esetton
Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:36 pm
Thanks. I've created accounts for each of our lines. The main issue is being able to configure each line independently frpm a multi ring perspective.

Regards,
#15269 by bw1
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:50 pm
After you setup the separate devices, you should be able to log in to the lounge with 2 separate numbers and configure each separately.
#15301 by esetton
Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:17 am
Thanks for your help. Tha works perfect. Only thing missing now is Call Forwarding if there is an internet outage.

Have a good day.