Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15125 by niknak
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 am
...as far as the Serial# on the scout this is the first I've heard about this...

The 8 can confused for B , the D can be confused for 0
You may need a magnifying glass to see what the S/N actually is....if your unit was provisioned with the wrong S/N that would explain why it does not work
#15127 by cardnal127
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am
OK, ooma support was able to get engineering to get correct ser# for scout.
It's working now with 2nd phone #.
Which created a new problem. Can I have my main # ring on scout as well as hub? or only flash..
#15135 by cardnal127
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 am
I only cycled the scout but I'm going to cycle the hub now.

Nope only the 2nd # (assigned to scout) rings. The main # only flashes.(although it rings on hub)

Yes I have a working wireless base station attached to the scout.
#15139 by Groundhound
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am
The shared line only flashes on the scout assigned to the second line. That's the way mine behaves as well. I get around that by using a two line phone and having the hub's phone port feed one of my home's wire pairs (separate from the one between the hub & scout's wall ports). In my case line1 is fed from the hub's phone port and line2 is fed from the scout's phone port - so both ring on that phone. I use my home's first wire pair to carry the hub's phone port signal to any phone plugged into a standard jack in my home, and the second pair carries the hub's wall port to my scout's wall port - which is subsequently connected to my phone's line2 connection from the scout's phone port. Clear as mud? ;)
#15141 by cardnal127
Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 pm
Thanks groundhound I also have a 2 line phone connected to my scout but one line is unused. If I understand you correctly I should split the out from hub (to wall) to second hard line. and connect that hard line to my 2line phone? (my house wiring is 2 seperate wires not pairs [old house])
muds gettin thicker...
#15145 by Groundhound
Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 pm
It can be confusing. Just remember, an ooma device's wall port must only be connected to another ooma device's wall port (via home wiring) and phones must only be connected to an ooma device's phone port (also via home wiring if needed). Never mix the two.