Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15038 by lilolme2121
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 pm
Hello,

Just picked up a refurb Ooma at Fry's Electronics. Very excited to be able to screw the phone companies (by canceling my phone service) after they have been screwing us (the US consumer) for well over 60 years.

Anyways, how do I view the "blacklist" ?

How do I add to the blacklist? Been getting phone calls lately about "My car warranty is about to expire" and other spam related phone calls.

I always report these companies to the FCC, but would like to help contribute to the community blacklist.

Thanks !
#15044 by scottlindner
Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm
Have you logged into the Lounge yet?

To date we cannot view the Community Blacklist, but you can view your personal blacklist. I believe a fix for this is coming but no promises.

Welcome to Ooma! There are a lot of smart folks here so post if you don't understand something.

Scott
#15058 by lilolme2121
Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm
Thanks, my only beef so far is that the unit itself is a bit pricey....

Made a phone call from the US to Australia and the call quality was excellent.

But will not only be canceling home phone, but will also be lowering my cell phone minute plan down to the lowest and taking all calls on Ooma.

Hope this company stays afloat for many years to come !

(and thank you to your founder for thinking outside the box and helping us consumers force the big corporations to play (and charge us) fairly.

Here's hoping your founder has something in the works for the iPhone :)