Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#1312 by Bobby B
Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:23 pm
Yep, this would be a great feature -- this is planned when we implement contact lists, which should be coming in Q1 or Q2 of next year.

lonesailor wrote:
I came into the forum just to suggest this. I would love to be able to put manually put in a callers name into the log for numbers that don't come through or to replace numbers like my cell which just shows up as wireless caller.

The real caller ID numbers could even show up in a different color or my inputs could be in bold so we would know the difference.

Thanks!
#1462 by JoePublic
Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:06 am
I just looked at my call log for the first time. I agree with some of the other comments: It is very difficult to skim the column that contains the inbound/outbound call graphic. I think, quite simply, at least one of those 2 symbols needs to be changed.
#1650 by klhavlik
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:48 pm
atici wrote:It looks pretty good. I think it could only be better if the ooma lounge web interface allowed filtering for incoming/outgoing and international/domestic in listing of the calls. We could have two roll down menus at top. One would filter (All/Incoming only/Outgoing only) and the other would be (All/Domestic only/International only).

Thanks.

Agree. It looks as though the buttons on the left side for "Incoming", "Outgoing", etc. are meant to filter...at least, that's what I initially thought...but they don't do anything.
#1651 by klhavlik
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:51 pm
gerald wrote:Call Logs are a great addition. Here are my suggestions for further improvements.

1) Improve the Caller ID recognition accuracy. This is getting better, but Caller ID is still missing on a majority of my received calls.

2) Add a feature to the ooma device for incoming call ring blocking, with management in the call log window.

I have previously used a Person-to-Person ID Interceptor. That device let me block rings for calls missing ID, calls from specific numbers, or calls from specific name matches. Adding such a feature to ooma might allow me to block all those calls from AT&T marketing, for instance.

I also used person-to-person, which is a great device BTW. What I miss in ooma is the ability to push a button on ooma directly to send the incoming caller to my blacklist. Sure, it's easy enough to do by going through the lounge but...just a feature I miss.
#1652 by klhavlik
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:53 pm
aggie_bh wrote:I think 800-531-5602 is a DirecTV number. It might be one of your receivers trying to make a daily call.

To that end, does ooma work well for data devices? I have TiVO and had much trouble with downloading my guides when using Vonage. Hoping to avoid that issue with ooma.
#1653 by klhavlik
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 pm
JoePublic wrote:I just looked at my call log for the first time. I agree with some of the other comments: It is very difficult to skim the column that contains the inbound/outbound call graphic. I think, quite simply, at least one of those 2 symbols needs to be changed.

Ditto. I came here to suggest that the incoming icon be a different color than the outgoing icon. A nice blue might work :)
#2267 by JoePublic
Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:10 pm
Thank you ooma for changing the color on one of the inbound/outbound graphic items. (I don't remember which one was changed, but it doesn't matter.) That simple change has made it a LOT easier to skim through the call log and identify which calls are inbound and which are outbound.
#2298 by vbvamsi
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:50 am
It would be a good idea to add an Export to Excel option. This will enable me to run my own filters on the calls.

Also It would be great if we can display calls between two different dates.

Example: 01/01/09 00:00:00 to 01/19/09 17:00:00.
#2336 by ideallife2day
Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:50 am
as someone else suggested i believe on another post, duration totals would be nice on the call logs, separate for incoming and outgoing on a month to month basis so we can see how close we get on the 3000 minutes going out each month!
#2356 by Mojo
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 pm
The export to excel option should be arriving within a 2-3 weeks.

vbvamsi wrote:It would be a good idea to add an Export to Excel option. This will enable me to run my own filters on the calls.

Also It would be great if we can display calls between two different dates.

Example: 01/01/09 00:00:00 to 01/19/09 17:00:00.