Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15051 by digitalwonder
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm
Sorry if my comments upset anyone, I was just answering the above posts whether the invites were being sent out or not and that they should be expecting it soon. I wasn't trying to be smug or make others feel any less for not getting the invites.

On a different note, I will be attempting to use OOMA as my pots gateway for my Cisco Call Manager System this weekend. Wish me luck!

Cheers.

Sean.
#15054 by southsound
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 pm
Is this like Google Voice? Could somebody send me an extra invite? I've heard that the Ooma Telo is shiny and raccoons like shiny things. Especially when they have blue lights. Does it have a blue light? (to quote someone from the Google Voice forum) I really need an Ooma Telo invite because my dad is scheduled for a transplant and I need one so the hospital can reach us when a donor is available. Oh darn, that's not true either. Let's just say that it would be really cool to get something for free (wait, that's whn). Well, if Billy gets one, shouldn't I have one too?

It's late and I'm just having fun here. I honestly hope that ooma is able to include many of us in their Telo beta. I have no idea the criteria they use for such things, but for all who are waiting, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I fully intend to upgrade to a Telo when they are available and will gift my existing hub and scout to a relative. But it would be nice to be the first raccoon on the block to have one. :razz:
#15057 by hackerguy
Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm
I too would like to be selected for the beta program but you have to look at it from Ooma's standpoint. Giving away free Telos costs money. They want to place these units where they can get the maximum return in terms of feedback. Ultimately all Ooma users will benefit from these test units being given a very rigorous workout. As much as I would like to have one, if I were making the decision, I would probably not pick me. But I'm still hoping!
#15072 by MakoCSH
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:12 am
I have a feeling ooma chooses many testers based on factors that have nothing to do with the individual applying. Such as location (I'm sure they want a good distribution across the US), partner areas, international callers, etc.

So no one should take it personally if they're not selected.
#15073 by gregg098
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 am
Make sure you guys all check your spam folders. Ive read a few posts of the invites getting dumped to SPAM (especially Gmail). I don't know if they have all gone out or not, but I would assume that if you don't have it by now, you aren't getting one which sucks. I wonder how many people got in?
#15166 by scoutconnor
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:13 pm
gregg098 wrote:Make sure you guys all check your spam folders. Ive read a few posts of the invites getting dumped to SPAM (especially Gmail). I don't know if they have all gone out or not, but I would assume that if you don't have it by now, you aren't getting one which sucks. I wonder how many people got in?

In Gmail you can simply create a filter to "Never send to Spam"
#15171 by ggilman
Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm
scoutconnor wrote:In Gmail you can simply create a filter to "Never send to Spam"

Doesn't that entirely defeat the purpose of the spam folder? I get too much spam to do something like that.
#15214 by scoutconnor
Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 am
ggilman wrote:
scoutconnor wrote:In Gmail you can simply create a filter to "Never send to Spam"

Doesn't that entirely defeat the purpose of the spam folder? I get too much spam to do something like that.

No because it would only filter out ooma messages
#15272 by ggilman
Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:07 pm
Without detail, I thought you were describing your filter as "Never send anything to spam", whereas it was more of a "Never send any ooma stuff to spam". That's not a bad idea.
#18828 by wtnixon
Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm
So do you have to request to be one or do they pick you automatically? If you have to sign up, how do you sign up?