Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14672 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:00 pm
Customer support via email is not the way to go as you can see. Normally a call to CS will get you what you need quickly. ooma staff has been doing a great job lately. 888-711-6662.

Wayne
#14673 by Tampaite
Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:06 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Customer support via email is not the way to go as you can see. Normally a call to CS will get you what you need quickly. ooma staff has been doing a great job lately. 888-711-6662.

Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks. sometimes, writing up a long email helps and am mostly a night owl and work during the daytime ...so harder to reach Ooma tech support on the phone.
#14674 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 pm
I know exactly what you mean. I try to use email every time I can, but in most cases it's futile. In this case, if you're lucky you'll get a response.
I have actually gotten rather quick responses from ooma at times. However, I thought I'd give you the heads up, so you aren't holding your breath. :-)

Wayne
#14762 by grathke
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 am
I agree customer support is rather good via the phone, however my last two calls to them resulted in them escalating the ticket and was told the next level of support would call me in 24 to 48 hrs. It's now been close to a week. hmmmm

Glenn
#15611 by rabidpitbull
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am
I have to second my frustration with technical support.

I called on Sunday morning with a problem with my Scout not ringing and going directly to voicemail with an assigned number. We walked through a number of things, and finally I was told that my issue would be escalated to a L2 or L3 support person, and I should expect a call in 24-48 hours.

54 hours in, I sent an e-mail, which I think I still have a few more hours in which to receive a response before I feel ignored, but I am somewhat impatient when it comes to receiving service levels that I was promised, so...

72 hours in to the incident, (this morning), I called customer service to check the status of my ticket. We went through a good number of troubleshooting steps, and ultimately I was told that they would re-escalate my ticket to a higher level support engineer, and that I should expect a call in 24-48 hours. I asked what I should do if I don't receive a call back by Friday afternoon, and was told I should call back in to customer support. I couldn't get a commitment that I would get escalated live if I don't get a response, only that the person taking my call would see that my issue had already been escalated.

I'm pretty sure that this is a usual song and dance.

I am extremely pleased with the quality of the calls, but I am starting to wonder how sustainable the business model is going to be if the support team can't begin to meet their own "published" Service Levels.

[On an unrelated note: I think it would probably be useful if the setup.ooma.com config page listed the scouts that had registered on the HPNA network with their IPs and MAC addresses, or perhaps have a button to generate a configuration report that could be sent to support engineers via e-mail to help debug some of the less trivial support issues.

Has anyone ever tried using an HPNA adapter on a PC or an HPNA-to-Ethernet bridge to see what is going on when scouts misbehave?]