Busy Signal Problem

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
robtcody

Busy Signal Problem

Post by robtcody » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am

Another ooma bug! Every telco service provider I dealt wth always properly identifies a busy signal to the user. Ooma on the other hand dials the number, plays the unique ooma connection sound, then plays the uniquie ooma dial tone! Try it yourself at the CT DOL line 800-942-6653.

I'm thinking I'm heading back to Vonage real soon.
Robert

Groundhound

Re: Busy Signal Problem

Post by Groundhound » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 am

When I dialed it, I got a recording: "Thank you for calling the Connecticut Department of Labor yada yada yada....". As far as I can tell, the number works as is should. Have you contacted Ooma's telephone support?

aLf

Post by aLf » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:40 am

Worked well from WI too.

aLf

silver

Post by silver » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 am

The first time I called the 800 number I had the exact same results as robcody - apparently the line was busy at the moment I called. Tried again and the call went through - got the recording. Methinks the line busy issue is a real one.

Bob

robtcody

Post by robtcody » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Ugh, after the first two posts I thought I was nuts! Thanks to the third, I've been vindicated.

As I've previously stated, immediately after I dialed that 800 number, I got the ooma "dial tone" as opposed to a more meaningful busy or some other non-connect tone. As the third (substantiating) responder said, he got a ooma dial tone (as I did), which means nothing to the ooma customer other than confusion.

Immediately after had the problem with ooma, I dialed the same number with my Vonage phone and had no problem. i.e I got a busy tone to a busy line. Not another dial tone from ooma as if to say give it another try!

So in summary, I think ooma has a failure in identifying busy (or maybe non connect because there are too many callers coming in to that particular 800 number) problem.

An example: a radio station offers free tickets to your favorite band and the lines are flooded. All service providers here a busy on the line (which we consumers understand as an overwhelmed network). Ooma on the other hand offers a new dial tone (as if to try again!).
Robert

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 pm

For what it's worth, I tried and got the recording.
Ahhh. Connecticut, my home state!

Wayne

niknak

Post by niknak » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Sounds like a problem with the CLEC in your CO.
Make note of the date / time of the problem and call ooma CS - they can trace the call logs to see what happened

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:13 pm

niknak wrote:Sounds like a problem with the CLEC in your CO.
Make note of the date / time of the problem and call ooma CS - they can trace the call logs to see what happened
And based on current feedback on weekend calls to support, call them on a weekday. If they are not familiar with tracing calls with the logs, politely ask them to escalate to a senior technician.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Cliffy44

Post by Cliffy44 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 pm

robtcody wrote:Another ooma bug!

I'm thinking I'm heading back to Vonage real soon.

Robtcody: Buh-bye

circlef

Post by circlef » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Just dialed the number from here in California and it rang through to the recorded message.

Love Ooma!
Member since January 2009 - Yep!
Premier Member - Yep! - Core and Scout =2 - Yep!
Saving Money - Yep! a lot - Love Ooma - You Bet!