Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14575 by robtcody
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Another ooma bug! Every telco service provider I dealt wth always properly identifies a busy signal to the user. Ooma on the other hand dials the number, plays the unique ooma connection sound, then plays the uniquie ooma dial tone! Try it yourself at the CT DOL line 800-942-6653.

I'm thinking I'm heading back to Vonage real soon.
#14576 by Groundhound
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 am
When I dialed it, I got a recording: "Thank you for calling the Connecticut Department of Labor yada yada yada....". As far as I can tell, the number works as is should. Have you contacted Ooma's telephone support?
#14580 by silver
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 am
The first time I called the 800 number I had the exact same results as robcody - apparently the line was busy at the moment I called. Tried again and the call went through - got the recording. Methinks the line busy issue is a real one.

Bob
#14591 by robtcody
Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 pm
Ugh, after the first two posts I thought I was nuts! Thanks to the third, I've been vindicated.

As I've previously stated, immediately after I dialed that 800 number, I got the ooma "dial tone" as opposed to a more meaningful busy or some other non-connect tone. As the third (substantiating) responder said, he got a ooma dial tone (as I did), which means nothing to the ooma customer other than confusion.

Immediately after had the problem with ooma, I dialed the same number with my Vonage phone and had no problem. i.e I got a busy tone to a busy line. Not another dial tone from ooma as if to say give it another try!

So in summary, I think ooma has a failure in identifying busy (or maybe non connect because there are too many callers coming in to that particular 800 number) problem.

An example: a radio station offers free tickets to your favorite band and the lines are flooded. All service providers here a busy on the line (which we consumers understand as an overwhelmed network). Ooma on the other hand offers a new dial tone (as if to try again!).
#14608 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 pm
For what it's worth, I tried and got the recording.
Ahhh. Connecticut, my home state!

Wayne
#14625 by niknak
Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:09 pm
Sounds like a problem with the CLEC in your CO.
Make note of the date / time of the problem and call ooma CS - they can trace the call logs to see what happened
#14630 by southsound
Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:13 pm
niknak wrote:Sounds like a problem with the CLEC in your CO.
Make note of the date / time of the problem and call ooma CS - they can trace the call logs to see what happened

And based on current feedback on weekend calls to support, call them on a weekday. If they are not familiar with tracing calls with the logs, politely ask them to escalate to a senior technician.
#14665 by Cliffy44
Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 pm
robtcody wrote:Another ooma bug!

I'm thinking I'm heading back to Vonage real soon.

Robtcody: Buh-bye
#14666 by circlef
Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Just dialed the number from here in California and it rang through to the recorded message.

Love Ooma!