Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#31021 by kanpra
Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:27 pm
I agree. I bought ooma but am reconsidering given that I will be spending more on the cards. I would strongly suppport Ooma considering reducing calling rates to India.
#31305 by hutbay
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:48 am
I agree, if omma could reduce the rates to India, I can find 10 people just today to switch to ooma from Vonage. The idea rate should be between 0.03 - 0.07.

I haven't made calls to India yet, but for those who tried...how is the quality? Any dropped calls?
#36965 by CallingIndia
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 pm
I also hope they are listening.
I live in Europe and use Oooma, so I told my family about it b/c we frequently call India.
We purchased the unit and today I started and paid for the porting of my telephone number. After speaking with the parents, we find that all our friends are using the VONAGE WORLD PLAN.
-Ooma simply cannot compete! 500 min vs. Unlimited?
Even if Vonage is $33.00/mo the chance that we go over 500 measly minutes is pretty high.
I have no need for premier and would be signing up for it ONLY to get the international bundle.
I thought Ooma was advertising on the principle of "No monthly bills" Now I will pay 15/mo.? for 500 min!? pure insanity.
In the end, Ooma is only slightly cheaper; though not worthwhile. (Not for calls to India, at least)
Needless to say, I called Ooma support & after 30 minutes of waiting just for somebody to answer the phone I CANCELED my Porting so that I still have the option to move to Vonage.
I was told to wait until next year to find out if Ooma will compete with it's competitors....So far they have already lost all India callers.
#37057 by googlevoice
Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 am
I totally agree. I think Ooma should give unlimited service to Pakistan and India. Currently I am using Rebtel.com and talk for hours to my parents and siblings in Pakistan and love the service. And Rebtel is free for Pakistan as Pakistan is one of the 52 Rebtel countries where you can make smart calls for free, no limits, yes unlimited calls without counting your minutes. It is time for Ooma to be competitive for international calls as they did their fantastic job for domestic calls.