Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#19400 by Groundhound
Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:34 am
Jimpats wrote:I would like to support the request to OOMA to atleast make international call rates competitive. It does not make sense to have a communication hub and then go out and buy calling card and use them to make calls.
Any plans on iphone app for OOMA?

GV currently has a flat rate of $0.07 for all of India, and it's pretty easy to use with any phone, including Ooma.

I don't know of an iphone app yet, but here's a blog by someone who is using the current features with his iphone to good advantage: http://www.mattsilverman.com/2009/08/ooma-iphone-perfect-voicemail-combo.html
#19703 by arkumar15
Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:20 pm
FYI,

Someone was mentioning that the rate to India is 5.9 cents from calling card companies. There are still cheaper and same quality as reliance or else some other company. It costs just 2.8 cents per minute both to mobile and landline.
I am just giving the info and not trying to sell or anything else. If you need the info, you can email me and i can give the web address.
If ooma can charge the same price, it would be great and we don't have to look anywhere else.
#19953 by dbrund
Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 pm
Before complaining about how much Ooma (or anyone else) charges for international calling, just remember this - you must also factor in connect charges and other fees. When calling through a calling card, the connect charges are listed in the fine print that no one reads. You only hear about the price per minute charge that is advertised. No one ever advertises their connect charges. So, the $0.02/minute may actually work out to $0.03-0.04, or perhaps more.

Just something to keep in the back of your minds....
#19981 by arkumar15
Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
That's true about connect charges. But the cards i was mentioning and most others mentioning do not have any connection or hidden charges. There are several cards which do not have any connection charges.

dbrund wrote:Before complaining about how much Ooma (or anyone else) charges for international calling, just remember this - you must also factor in connect charges and other fees. When calling through a calling card, the connect charges are listed in the fine print that no one reads. You only hear about the price per minute charge that is advertised. No one ever advertises their connect charges. So, the $0.02/minute may actually work out to $0.03-0.04, or perhaps more.

Just something to keep in the back of your minds....
#20166 by anant_joshi
Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 am
dbrund wrote: So, the $0.02/minute may actually work out to $0.03-0.04, or perhaps more.

Still much better than BASE RATE of 0.10 to 0.15 from ooma.
#30408 by arkumar15
Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 pm
dmhnus wrote:Airtel and Reliance india call offers 600minutes for $10. Go figure !

That's correct. That is all people are talking about. If ooma could reduce the price, it would be nice or else introduce the unlimited international calling plans as ooma mentioned at the time of telo release.
#30429 by just4fn
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 pm
Can't you call India for free? Just call support and asked to be transfered to the number you really want to call.
#30826 by Tampaite
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 pm
I hope someone at Ooma is listening to us.

There is tons of money to be made by lowering calling rates to International destinations.

The competition indeed is severe(look at Vonage and others offering unlimited international calling plans @24.99 and plus) and Ooma has a leg-up with users who make international calls.